Are you passionate about the development of product AND people?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Development Manager to join our Business Operations (BizOps) team at our headquarters in Edmonton, AB, located in a historic building along Jasper Avenue. As one of Canada’s most dynamic start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish. So, if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
BizOps is our internal consulting team – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. In essence, BizOps is a central function that exists to drive business outcomes in all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem. Reporting to the Director of BizOps, the Senior Development Manager will work with members of our talented BizOps team to support and develop their skills and career, as we work together to empower small businesses.
The Senior Development Manager will…
- Live and breathe performance facilitation. You want to work with your team to help them master their individual crafts, while also collaborating to build extraordinary infrastructure and systems.
- Manage a variety of engineers that work on different areas of the business such as Sales Operations, Data Infrastructure, and Internal Tools & Systems.
- Be committed to the success of your people. You will help them set goals, have regular 1-on-1s, and provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure your team's success.
- Understand employees’ career direction and work to empower their journey.
- Be a mentor to your team – you’ll share your wisdom, passion, and be transparent in the journey.
- Help recruit, level up the team, and implement processes to develop a world-class Business Operations team.
- Work with the other leaders to create and maintain an environment where people can rapidly produce top-quality work that helps our customers be successful.
To be successful in this role you will need…
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer, and 3+ years of management experience with a track record of success in developing high-performing engineers.
- Previous experience leading change, establishing effective engineering teams, and delivering on company vision.
- To be agile. You’ll need to be able to lead and teach your team to adapt to change, while also thinking critically and creatively to find answers to problems.
To be an effective communicator. Being transparent with your team and establishing an open dialogue will be a key to success in supporting your coaching conversations and discussions.
To be a collaborator. You’ll work with your direct reports to understand what they want to accomplish, and develop a plan to achieve it.
To be a leader and mentor. You’ll bring your shared experience into conversations to influence and provide constructive feedback to direct reports throughout the journey to ensure goals are being met and exceeded
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
What you can expect from us…
- Extended health benefits package, full paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
We are the industry leading software for small home service businesses (Gartner agrees, read more here). Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber and appliance mechanic use Jobber to quote for jobs, schedule and dispatch work, track time, send invoices and of course, get paid! Tens of thousands of people use Jobber to deliver over $5-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and that's exactly what we're doing!
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.