Do you get excited about driving an experimentation engine that unlocks new opportunities for growth?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to be part of our Growth department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Growth is a cross-functional organization that optimizes the customer experience in our product and validates new business opportunities for Jobber through experimentation. The Growth team accelerates the broader mission for Jobber to help people in small businesses be successful.
Projects span from validating new products, optimizing our check-out flow, reimagining our product onboarding, or implementing an expansion system. The role will place you in different tech stacks and opportunities in any given week!
Reporting to the Manager, Growth, this Senior Full Stack Engineer will help amplify Jobber’s success by tying together product, data, and engineering to drive scalable, consistent, and measurable growth. Through your work with our Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams, you’ll focus on making Jobber customers successful in our software.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will:
- Build the infrastructure that enables us to understand our customers' journey.
- Research features through prototyping and experimentation.
- Research tools that help our non-product teams scale (e.g. Sales, Marketing).
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth.
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, and engagement.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to influence the product roadmap and strategic initiatives.
To be successful, you should have:
- The ability to collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- Solid communication. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
- The desire to be constantly learning. This team is all about evolution and experimentation. While you don’t need to have previous experience with statistical analysis and split testing (though if you do, that’s a plus), you should have the desire to expand your skill set and learn new things…always.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!