Do you want to help transform the lives of small business owners?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer – Machine Learning to be part of our Product Development team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our Product Development team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world. The Machine Learning team is a new initiative at Jobber, made up of a growing team of people who are passionate about learning and understanding our customers. They are incorporating new technology to unlock even more ways we can serve our customers and help them be successful.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to a Senior Development Manager, the Senior Full Stack Engineer – Machine Learning will work collaboratively on a scrum team to build an industry-leading product that leverages Machine Learning to help our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, by combining a background in full stack software engineering with using their experience or a strong interest in Machine Learning, to influence both the product and our team.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer – Machine Learning will:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve features in Jobber's online and mobile apps.
- Evaluate how to best leverage Machine Learning to build intelligent user experiences to solve problems for our customers.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems.
- Mentor and support Product team members, from students to intermediate developers.
- Along with their team, will drive forward the Machine Learning competency within Jobber.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience or a willingness and passion to learn in the Machine Learning / Data Science space.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one programming language with previous experience in a team environment, ideally in a SaaS company.
- A sense of curiosity and a desire to continuously learn.
- A passion for solving problems with technology.
- A desire for collaborating with others and working as part of a team.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and an understanding of software architecture.
- Strong communication skills, able to breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!