Do you want your work to make an impact around the world?
Then Jobber might be the place for you. We’re looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing department at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or our office in Toronto, ON, located in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
A great brand should be consistent, authentic, relevant, and everywhere – and that’s the goal of our Brand and Creative team. Through mediums like our website, trade shows, messaging, visual style, voice and tone, marketing campaigns, video, radio, etc… we want to tell the world who we are, what we do, and why we do it in a way that aligns our values with our customers values. Branding is the magic that takes place when a person chooses a product outside of features and price, and our goal is to give people multiple reasons to choose Jobber.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand and Creative, the Senior Graphic Designer will drive, support, and design a range of projects that stretch into a multitude of mediums (print, web, advertising, brand campaigns, etc). You’ll provide creative support for the entire company that both aligns with our company goals while following (and pushing when possible) Jobber’s visual and long-term brand strategy. Your creative and technical mind is definitely an asset, but your collaborative, supportive, and “give a sh*t” attitude is a must.
The Senior Graphic Designer will:
- Have a big imagination and love to use it. You don’t see just one solution to a problem, you see many—which means finding something that works for everyone is just a couple of sketches away.
- Have great communication skills and doesn’t shy away from discussing complicated design solutions with anyone, no matter their role. This position requires you to work closely with non-design members of the marketing team (and entire company) to explore, discuss, and come to the best solution collaboratively, so discussing ways that your solution can solve a Jobberinos problem (that’s also aligned with our brand strategy) is a skill you’ll use often.
- Be comfortable juggling tasks and also driving them. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be balancing multiple priorities at once so the successful candidate will thrive under pressure.
- Work autonomously. If given an idea or creative brief you know what questions you need to ask to quickly get started on it. Outside of that, even without a brief, you look for opportunities to help Jobber grow without being told to do so.
- Have client and project management chops. The Brand and Creative team functions as an internal agency for Jobber. We might not have external clients but all teams within Jobber are our clients so we work with them to understand, support, explain, and pitch to them no matter their experience with brand, marketing, or design.
- Check their ego at the door and thrive on feedback. Some ideas will be great and others will be stinkers. You understand that not every idea will be a winner and that doesn’t phase you.
- Work quickly without compromising quality. Because we work on multiple projects at once, we need to get things out the door as quickly as possible, so planning ahead to balance speed and quality is important.
To be successful, you must have:
- 3-5 years relevant industry experience (most importantly, you’ve worked on a team).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite—Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc. It would be nice if you had experience working with Sketch or Figma, but if you don’t, a willingness to learn them is important.
- A strong portfolio which shows experience with a range of projects and mediums.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual.
- The willingness to receive feedback and the ambition to use it to improve.
- A solid understanding of typography and white space.
- A basic understanding of designing for web.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!