Uptime, CX and MDM mean anything to you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior IT Specialist to be part of our Finance Department in Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The IT team is one of the most cross functional teams here at Jobber. We’re focused on building systems, offices, and processes that scale as we transform our industry. Our guiding mission is to support our entire company through the use of technology and supreme customer service. As technology changes, we need to make sure our systems stay ahead of the curve and we’re consistently finding better ways for our employees to do their best work.
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the Senior IT Specialist will help take the tools and systems we have in place and make sure they are optimized for performance, reliable for our employees, and scalable as we continue to grow. You’ll be working with people of all comfort levels around tech, so you should have exceptional troubleshooting skills with common operating systems and enterprise network level applications. You'll be supporting our IT presence in Edmonton by supporting our Edmonton office while also focusing on the remote employees within the region.
The Senior IT Specialist will:
- Take ownership of remote support desk duties, office network operation and be the face of Jobber IT.
- Drive information technology projects and manage office network infrastructure.
- Create processes and documentation that the team can follow for repeatable tasks.
- Ensure Jobber security compliance standards are met across the organization’s internal networks and employee machines.
- Provide technical support related to laptops, software, printers, video conferencing equipment, and mobile devices.
- Support common IT services and access control: Google Apps, Atlassian, LastPass, ect.
- Monitor our internal infrastructure, troubleshooting for anomalies and reporting on issues.
To be successful, you should have:
- Have at least 3-5 years experience managing MacOS using Jamf Pro in a professional IT environment.
- Experience with enterprise network hardware setup and administration.
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications, similar to: G Suite, Atlassian, Zoom, LastPass.
- Great judgement, and able to embrace ambiguity supporting a distributed workforce across Canada.
- Experience with the integration and administration of the following tools and technologies: Jamf, SSO, Cisco wired and wireless, and Fortigate Firewalls.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the following areas: TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, SSO (SAML), DHCP.
- Experience with machine and account provisioning and deprovisioning
- IT automation experience and proficiency in one high level scripting language (Python, BASH..etc)
- High level of attention to detail, great communication skills and keen to learn new things constantly.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
Please note: This is an office based role. You must have the ability to attend the office as needed during the office closure to organize shipments, receive drop-offs etc. Once the office reopens you will be required to be in the office full time.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the Top Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!