Are you passionate about the development of product and people?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Development to be part of our Product Development team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we help home and field service companies improve how they quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments. We’ve come a long way since our first customer joined us in 2011, and we’ve just scratched the surface of what we will accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to our Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, the Senior Manager, Development will work with members of our talented Product Development team to support and develop their skills and career, as we work together to empower small businesses.
The Senior Manager, Development will:
- Live and breathe performance facilitation. You want to work with your team to help them master their individual crafts, while also collaborating to build extraordinary infrastructure and systems.
- Be committed to the success of your people. You will help them set goals, have regular 1-on-1s, and provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure your team's success.
- Understand employees’ career direction and work to empower their journey.
- Be a mentor to your team – you’ll share your wisdom, passion, and be transparent in the journey.
- Help recruit, level up the team and implement processes to develop a world-class Product Development team.
- Work with the other leaders to create and maintain an environment where people can rapidly produce top-quality work that helps our customers be successful.
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer, and 3+ years of management experience with a track record of success in developing high-performing engineers.
- Previous experience leading change, establishing effective engineering teams, and delivering on company vision.
- To be agile. You’ll need to be able to lead and teach your team to adapt to change, while also thinking critically and creatively to find answers to problems.
- To be an effective communicator. Being transparent with your team and establishing an open dialogue will be a key to success in supporting your coaching conversations and discussions.
- To be a collaborator. You’ll work with your direct reports to understand what they want to accomplish and develop a plan to achieve it.
- To be a leader and mentor. You’ll bring your shared experience into conversations to influence and provide constructive feedback to direct reports throughout the journey to ensure goals are being met and exceeded.
What you can expect from your team:
Our Product Development team is central to Jobber’s success – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through frequent 1:1’s, ongoing feedback, support from your manager, our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, your skills will develop to a higher level.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!