Do you like improving teams as much as you do EBITDA margin?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A to join our Finance department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, and implement Jobber’s best ideas. The FP&A team is responsible for planning and managing Jobber’s overall financial performance.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Manager, FP&A will partner with key stakeholders across departments to provide insight into financial and operating trends in support of the company’s continued growth. They will lead the strategic analysis, forecasting, planning, and budgeting, to help Jobber achieve our mission of helping small businesses succeed. This is a brand new position here at Jobber, so you’ll work alongside your team to design what this area of Jobber can and will look like.
The Senior Manager of FP&A will:
- Own the plan. You’ll be responsible for owning overall strategic business planning, including preparing monthly, quarterly and annual plans, and rolling long range plans.
- Be a strategic partner. You’ll develop actionable management reporting, dashboards, and KPIs and oversee monthly variance analysis and operating reviews to track business success alongside our Senior Financial Analyst. Your insights will identify areas of opportunity and risk, and help each department achieve their goals.
- Build impactful relationships. FP&A acts as the liaison between Finance and Accounting with the rest of the company. You’ll be a trusted advisor to all departments, but will really leverage your trusted relationship building in supporting the Director of Finance and entire Executive team by providing financial guidance.
- Lead, motivate, and develop Jobber’s FP&A team. We want someone who enjoys Leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team, and teaching and mentoring more broadly across the organization
To be successful, you should have:
- 5-7 years experience in financial planning and analytics in a fast-moving environment. Bonus points if that position was in a SaaS based business model.
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or an MBA,CPA or CFA designation.
- Exceptionally strong financial modelling skills.
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. We move fast, which means you’ll need to build a high degree of trust with peers and key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in streamlining reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Comfort working with ambiguity and a high degree of autonomy.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Knowledge of relational databases & SQL.
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Experience working with and implementing planning software, such as Anaplan, Hyperion or others.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $15-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!