Does driving value for one of Canada’s leading softwares excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Product Marketing to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Product Marketing team focuses on the value that Jobber delivers to new and existing customers. Working closely with key stakeholders in other departments, they drive positioning and messaging, product launches, market research, competitive intelligence, and other initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Senior Manager, Product Marketing will:
- Lead the conception and development of go-to-market (GTM) processes and strategies to drive product growth and adoption of Jobber;
- Lead the overall strategy and execution plan for PMM-led corporate initiatives;
- Define success criteria and measure the impact of Product Marketing efforts in your product portfolio;
- Manage a team of high-performing Product Marketers;
- Play a pivotal role in developing a compelling narrative and value proposition for the Jobber;
- Define, monitor, and maintain Jobber’s competitive position and conduct deep dives on key competitors and adjacent solutions to accelerate our product development and innovation;
- Distill customer and market insights to identify and deliver new market opportunities, serving as the voice of the customer to our Product and Engineering teams;
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Business Operations, and other cross-functional teams to champion and execute competitive intelligence, market research, and buyer persona initiatives;
To be successful, you should have:
- Ideally you have 6+ years of Marketing experience leading complex marketing strategy development and cross-functional execution in a B2B SaaS environment;
- 4+ years of Product Marketing experience, and are not afraid of positioning an industry-leading product to different users, markets, and segments;
- 2+ years of People Leader experience. You’re someone who wants to take your previous experience and help develop other Product Marketers. You’re comfortable in sharing your success stories, talking about your failures, and teaching others the key skills for the role.
- A strategic drive and mindset. You’re a strategic thinker and operate on a level that turns your ambitious goals into visuals of new market opportunities and have considerable experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders at the senior leadership level.
- Solid communication skills. You're passionate about sharing the story behind your work, and can effectively tell that story in ways that'll resonate with the Jobber team, new customers, current customers, partners, and influencers.
- A customer first approach. Whether it’s current customers in Jobber’s ecosystem or new market and channel opportunities, you have a passion to communicate with, learn about, and serve Jobber customers around the world. Delivering extraordinary customer experiences is in your DNA.
- Comfort in the grey areas. You’re adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities, with an eye for prioritization.
- The ability to collaborate and listen. You value relationship-builing and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks, and genuinely want to understand the opinions of others in order to incorporate it into your strategies.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!