Do you hear “Fintech” and get excited?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Fintech) to be part of our Marketing and Fintech departments.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Product Marketing team focuses on the value that Jobber delivers to new and existing customers. Working closely with key stakeholders in other departments, they drive narrative and positioning, product launches, market research, competitive intelligence, and other initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
Fintech is the newest and fastest-growing part of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. ‘Embedded Fintech’ has been heralded as the next wave of Fintech (e.g. see here and here). However, we’re investing simply because we believe embedding financial tools in our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Fintech at Jobber began with the launch of Jobber Payments, and most recently business financing, and will evolve quickly as additional financial tools are launched.
Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, the Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Fintech) will:
- Work directly with the Director of Fintech and other cross-functional senior leaders to develop and execute strategic and operational plans that drive growth;
- Lead the conception and development of go-to-market (GTM) processes and strategies to drive product adoption and usage of Jobber’s Fintech solutions;
- Partner with Sales, Success, and other cross-functional teams to drive the tactical execution of the Fintech GTM strategy;
- Develop a compelling narrative with effective positioning and messaging for Jobber’s Fintech solutions;
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Operations, and other cross-functional teams to identify proactive and reactive channel distribution opportunities;
- Distill customer and market insights to identify new market opportunities, critical gaps, and leverage insights to inform our Product, Sales, and Lifecycle team’s Fintech strategies;
- Define success criteria and measure the impact of Product Marketing-led growth initiatives across the company;
- Manage a team of high-performing Product Marketers;
To be successful, you should have:
- Ideally you have 6+ years of Marketing experience leading complex marketing strategy development and cross-functional execution in a B2B SaaS environment;
- 4+ years of Product Marketing experience, and are not afraid of positioning an industry-leading product to different users, markets, and segments;
- 2+ years of Financial Services experience, especially in card payments, lending, accounting, or banking. You’re someone who wants to take your previous experience and help develop Fintech at Jobber. You have a proven track record for creating, testing, and scaling cross-functional initiatives that drive revenue.
- A strategic drive and mindset. You’re a strategic thinker and operate on a level that turns your ambitious goals into visuals of new market opportunities and have considerable experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders at the senior leadership level.
- Solid communication skills. You're passionate about sharing the story behind your work, and can effectively tell that story in ways that'll resonate with the Jobber team, new customers, current customers, partners, and influencers.
- A customer first approach. Whether it’s current customers in Jobber’s ecosystem or new market and channel opportunities, you have a passion to communicate with, learn about, and serve Jobber customers around the world. Delivering extraordinary customer experiences is in your DNA.
- Comfort in the grey areas. You’re adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities, with an eye for prioritization.
- The ability to collaborate and listen. You value relationship-builing and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks, and genuinely want to understand the opinions of others in order to incorporate it into your strategies.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!