Do you have a spidey sense when it comes to fraud?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for a Senior Manager, Risk Operations and Strategy to be part of our Fintech department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, offer financing to their customers, or access capital to invest in growth – we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Our Risk team is a critical part of the broader Fintech team, and core to Jobber’s success – focusing on keeping both Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
We’re looking for an analytically-minded risk leader to scale our risk capabilities as our payments business grows massively, and we add financial tools over time. As the Senior Manager, Risk Operations and Strategy, you’ll lead risk operations, analytics and strategy.
You’ll report to the Director of Fintech who leads the Fintech business. You’ll be embedded within the broader Fintech team, which includes the risk team and the Fintech scrum teams who tackle risk-related engineering work.
The Senior Manager, Risk Operations and Strategy will:
- At the highest level – build and execute Jobber’s strategy for minimizing losses from fraud and credit risk
- Evolve our risk management approach – our policy, processes and team – as Jobber Payments volume scales rapidly and our suite of financial tools grows
- Deepen the use of analytics to detect fraud and credit risk, drive risk team activity and ultimately prevent losses
- Develop operating KPI and outcome metrics to track and optimize performance
- Build Jobber’s risk technology stack via external partnerships and proprietary risk tooling
- Directly manage the risk operations team (risk / chargebacks analysts), developing their capabilities individually and collectively, and ultimately building towards operational excellence
- Develop well-rounded business cases for risk management projects, with appropriate measures of success, pitch these to Leadership, and own the execution, success validation, and continued optimization of green-lit projects
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional partners – including product, engineering, and customer support
To be successful you should have:
- 5+ years of risk experience. Ideally experience managing the merchant side of payments risk – to develop an understanding of both fraud and credit risk. This could be at a merchant processor, payment facilitator, SaaS provider or fintech company that provides businesses with the ability to accept credit / debit payments.
- 2+ years of experience as a people leader. Ideally experience managing a risk operations team (risk analysts, chargebacks analysts), risk data analysts, or other members of a risk team.
- An analytics background. This role requires data fluency, and ideally experience with the analytics side of risk. At a minimum, this role requires strong business analytics – e.g. the ability to build a quantitative business case to justify an investment, and thoughtfully prioritize and guide analytics projects. However, a deeper analytical background (e.g. statistical modelling, SQL) would be highly valuable.
- Deep understanding of the guts of credit card processing.
- Track record of continuously driving change. Ideally driving improvements rooted in analytics and technology that ultimately reduce losses and minimize manual work within a risk function.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity. We don't know what we don't know, so you should be comfortable coming in and providing a strong steer to evolve our risk management approach.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!