Does driving growth at one of Canada’s fastest growing startups excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Paid Search Manager to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Demand Generation team at Jobber is small, but mighty. We work together to develop, manage, and optimize integrated campaigns that drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels.
We’re looking for a senior and highly strategic marketer to drive the performance marketing strategies and tactics needed to accelerate the growth of paid search channels. As a valued member of the Demand Gen. team, you’ll work cross-functionally to generate awareness among home service businesses, convert and monetize existing in-market demand, and help prospects keep Jobber top-of-mind.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Demand Generation, the Senior Paid Search Manager will own Jobber’s SEM channels to help drive customer acquisition. You’ll leverage data to make decisions, work collaboratively with other stakeholders to understand the overall ecosystem of the department, and be given a level of autonomy to hold yourself accountable to decisions, outcomes and timelines that impact your work.
The Senior Paid Search Manager will:
- Leverage customer and campaign performance data to draw insights, develop hypotheses and proactively recommend opportunities to expand our SEM accounts, increase conversion rates, and grow the business.
- Forecast and track performance metrics with a focus on cost efficiency and accelerating YoY customer and revenue growth.
- You’ll be responsible for managing multiple and concurrent experiments to scale and optimize your paid search channels. You’ll need to keep them on schedule and within scope.
- Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll be coordinating with teams like Business Analytics, Sales, Lifecycle, and Product Marketing to ensure results and a seamless customer experience.
- As the owner of Jobber’s paid search accounts, you’ll report progress and communicate results and recommendations to the larger team and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
To be successful, you should have:
- An entrepreneurial outlook, plenty of motivation, and a passion for helping small businesses
- 5+ years experience in performance and growth marketing, with an emphasis on SaaS customer acquisition
- 2+ years hands-on, expert-level experience managing multiple large accounts in Google Ads and Microsoft Ads to acquire customers and optimize for ROAS
- A proven track record of directly and effectively managing a $1M+ performance marketing budget and being responsible for revenue targets
- Ability to extract and action meaningful insights from analytics platforms (e.g. Data Studio, Google Analytics, Mode, Power BI, Looker).
- Flexible and responsive – ability to prioritize multiple tasks as needed and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate proactively
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize, work independently, and learn quickly
- Outstanding communications skills with the ability to distill complex concepts
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and common performance metrics
- Bachelors in business, math, science, or technology, or equivalent experience
Please note: All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!