Do you want to be involved in all phases of the product life-cycle?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product Development team at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, located in a historic building along Jasper Avenue. As one of Canada’s most dynamic startups, we’re moving at warp speed developing a product that enables mobile business to provide their best service. So if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that always has new challenges, and want to work for a company that supports you in doing your best work, then we want to hear from you!
Our Product Development team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
As a Senior Product Manager at Jobber, you're a strategic thinker with strong business acumen. More than delivering features, you aim to drive the business forward. You will gather qualitative and quantitative insights via analytics, user interviews and market research, with the goal of identifying customer pain points and opportunities for product improvements. You will take new features and products from start to finish, working closely with designers and engineers, as well as company executives and other stakeholders. You’re the right candidate if you’ve demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, lead a team, and deliver great product experiences to their users.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Take on the full responsibilities of a Scrum Team Product Owner. This includes executing the product management workflow, backlog management (writing and prioritizing Epics and Stories), Scrum events (Sprint Planning, Sprints, Scrums, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives), estimation and testing.
- Uplevel the team. You are eager to influence and elevate the PM team by educating, mentoring and training team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy.
- Understand the user experience through qualitative and quantitative research. In order to understand the customers, you’ll have to take large amounts of data points, research, and feedback and distill it down to what is truly important. Our customers are the life-blood of our product, and understanding their problem areas within Jobber will inform strategic decisions and solutions, and shape the product experiences.
- Be responsible for product vision and strategy. You will own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. By understanding the connections between people’s day-to-day work, the overall product vision, and customers’ needs, you can prioritize building what matters to achieve the products’ strategic goals and initiatives.
- Deliver features that make an impact on customers. You’ll take feedback and prioritize features by ranking them against strategic goals and initiatives.
- Build a plan, implement, and then measure success. You’ll be responsible for a timeline for implementation of new ideas, and then defining the release process and coordinating all activities to bring this to market. Once implemented, you will help determine what success looks like for the features you help build, measuring that success, and keeping stakeholders informed of that progress so that your team can make iterative decisions based on results.
In order to be successful, you will need:
- 5+ years of work experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner.
- Previous experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Demonstrated track record of launching multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Empathy. You are naturally empathetic. This means you’ll have the ability to understand our customers – what motivates them, frustrates them, drives them and makes them happy.
- An ability to motivate. You listen before speaking and understand before providing solutions. You focus on the relationship and build trust easily.
- Execution excellence. Creating insights is one thing – leading and driving execution is another. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of managing projects and multiple priorities at any given time.
- A data-driven mindset. You look to data to define a problem and you also look to data to prove your success. You are energized by the ability to contextualize your work through various tools, systems and processes.
- A desire to collaborate. To deliver high-quality features as quickly as possible, you’ll need to partner with many different people and departments.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. In your role, the details matter, and help drive your team forward with a sense of direction and clarity.
- Next level communication skills. You have the ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A passion for technology. You are naturally curious about technology and tend to be an early adopter for most things. You appreciate how technology can solve many business problems and are driven to make a lasting impact for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow and develop a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
We are the industry leading software for small home service businesses (Gartner agrees, read more here). Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber and appliance mechanic use Jobber to quote for jobs, schedule and dispatch work, track time, send invoices and of course, get paid! Tens of thousands of people use Jobber to deliver over $5-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and that's exactly what we're doing!
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.