Does driving business decisions sound exciting to you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Risk Data Analyst to be part of our Business Operations.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
In this role you’ll sit between our Business Operations team and our Fintech team.
Our Business Operations team is central to the success of Jobber – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data and business insights with the rest of the organization. In essence, Business Operations is a central function that exists to drive business outcomes in all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem.
You’ll also be a core member of our Fintech team. Fintech is the newest and fastest-growing part of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. ‘Embedded fintech’ has been heralded as the next wave of fintech (e.g. see here and here). However, we’re investing in fintech because we believe that deeply embedding financial tools within Jobber helps us take a massive step towards making small businesses more successful. Fintech at Jobber began with the launch of Jobber Payments, and most recently business financing, and will evolve quickly as additional financial products are launched.
Within Fintech, a core focus of this role will be building the analytical capabilities of our Risk team, which is responsible for protecting Jobber and our customers from fraud and credit losses. You’ll play a key role in using analytics and automation to proactively identify fraud, understand the credit-worthiness of our customers, and drive critical business decisions (our risk technology / tooling strategy or how we roll-out financial products).
In the medium term, you’ll work with the broader Fintech team and senior leaders across the company to drive strategic projects that support the aggressive growth of the Fintech business. You’ll work cross-functionally to define and measure key metrics, question assumptions, and be the storyteller behind the numbers. Your insights and findings will be leveraged to make critical decisions on how we grow the Fintech business.
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will:
- Conceptualize and develop data-driven approaches to identify fraud, model credit risk, and minimize losses for Jobber and Jobber customers .
- Lead key projects associated with risk operations and technology / tooling.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of risk initiatives and operational changes, and recommend ways to optimize actions to drive impact.
- In the medium term, own Fintech analytics end to end – and foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data and surfacing insights and opportunities through exploratory analytics, experimentation, in-depth research into customer analytics, product usage data, and the customer journey.
- Work with leadership to help set the strategy and goals of the Risk team and the broader Fintech team.
- Influence and drive change by presenting insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization, including executives, and then work with relevant teams to execute.
To be successful, you should have:
- 4+ years of experience using analytics to drive key business decisions in a business/product analyst, business intelligence, or strategy consulting role.
- Experience with languages such as SQL, R and/or Python for manipulating data sets.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Mode Analytics or Looker.
- To be proactive and relentless. You are capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results.
- To have a strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen and consult with stakeholders, and you can take something complex and difficult and make it easy to digest.
- To be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day – what worked yesterday might not anymore.
It would be fantastic (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience using advanced analytics to detect fraud, particularly within a payments business focused on card not present transactions – ideally you’re someone with a nose for fraud, who can dig into hunches to find trends that can be actioned via risk rules.
- Experience in credit risk evaluation and underwriting.
- Experience in financial services, particularly payments, lending, accounting or banking.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!