Do you have a spidey sense when it comes to fraud?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for a Senior Risk Data Analyst to be part of our Business Operations department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid, offering financing to their customers, or accessing capital to invest in growth – we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Our Risk operations – a key group within the broader Fintech area – is central to Jobber’s success, focused on keeping both our Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will be an integral part of the Business Analytics team supporting Risk operations within the Fintech area of Jobber’ business. This position will have a mix of strategic and operative responsibilities that multiply Jobber's ability to protect against losses while adding a data focused approach to risk decision making. This is a new position for the company and as such, prior experience in similar roles and a strong growth orientation would go a long way.
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will:
- Regularly analyze transaction and platform usage data to uncover differentiating patterns and behaviors and provide balanced recommendations that work to mitigate fraud and credit losses with a need for speed.
- Build and maintain operative early warning indicators and monitoring tools to identify anomalous and risky usage behavior.
- Consistently initiate quick communication of findings to power corrective action on risk tools and technology platforms.
- Perform calendarized rule, parameter and threshold reviews on a regular basis to optimize performance across Acceptance, Monitoring, Chargeback and Recovery processes.
- Develop and provide metrics to support regular updates on the state of risk as required – ad hoc requests, weekly updates, monthly metrics, quarterly aggregates and board reports.
- Support the Head of Risk and the Risk Strategy Manager on risk relevant initiatives and projects by producing analysis that quantifies financial, operational, customer experience and service impact and highlights current, new and evolving risks to enable decision making.
- Deeply understand current and future data needs and communicate and prioritize them with data infrastructure teams.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience in an analytical role supporting risk teams in payments, cards or lending domains.
- Strong applied technical skills in SQL, Python/ R focused on data cleaning and preparation, analysis and exploration, and visualization and reporting.
- An analytical mindset and strong statistical skills. Ability to review and find trends in transactions and usage for signs of fraud or abnormalities, and quantify trends in the data by applying statistical techniques.
- Machine learning experience is an asset.
- Experience with BI tools (Mode, Tableau, Power BI or equivalent) is an asset.
- Clear communication skills. You’ll be dealing with multiple stakeholders in the company on complex quantitative issues, so being able to translate and communicate your ideas and findings clearly will be important.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity. We don’t know what we don’t know, so you should be comfortable coming in and improving the process.
- The ability to work autonomously. We’re currently working remotely, so while you’ll be a member of a team and there are connection points, you’ll be on your own for a majority of the day. You’ll need to be a self-starter, with the ability to make decisions and find direction and guidance.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!