Do you want to develop more than just product?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of our Product team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to a Development Manager, the Senior Software Developer will collaborate with other Product Development members on a scrum team to build an industry leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
The Senior Software Developer will:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve features in Jobber's online and mobile apps.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems.
- Mentor and support Product team members, from students to intermediate developers.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one programming language with previous experience in a team environment, ideally in a SaaS company.
- A sense of curiosity and a desire to continuously learn.
- A passion for solving problems with technology.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and an understanding of software architecture.
- Strong communication skills, able to breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What you can expect from your team:
Our Product Development team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!