Are you an experienced software developer with a passion for finding creative solutions to real-world problems? Do you love supporting more junior team members in their learning process? If so, this might be the right opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Senior Software Developer will collaborate with other Software Development members on a Scrum team to build an industry-leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
In this role, it’s important that you’re a champion of best practices for well-tested, scalable, and well-organized code. In addition, you customize and extend tools and processes to increase the effectiveness of your team, and mentor others to do the same.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Be involved in the full life-cycle of a feature, from ideation to delivery and adoption
- Participate in code review and testing, while driving engineering solutions to have consistent practices and reusable code
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems
- Research, communicate, and advocate for the use of best practices within your team’s domain
- Mentor and coach junior teammates, helping them elevate their skills and careers
To be successful, you should have:
- A demonstrated level of software engineering experience in ReactJS or React-Native
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework
- Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience writing tools, libraries, guidelines, and resources for other developers
- Experience developing in React Native and/or other hybrid frameworks such as Flutter or Ionic
- Experience writing code in a few different front-end and back-end languages, with a preference for React and Ruby on Rails
- Deep knowledge of either iOS or Android native development
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!