Do you want to drive and champion the Site Reliability culture at one of Canada’s most dynamic startups?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Systems Reliability Engineer (SRE) to be part of our Product team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to a Senior Development Manager, the Senior SRE will join a team of Engineers who are working to scale Jobber’s application to meet our aggressive growth targets, accelerate our product development teams, and operate our application at a high level.
Today, our application is hosted on a mix of Heroku and AWS. We are currently exploring the next stage of our infrastructure, and the successful candidate will help us shape that vision.
The Senior Systems Reliability Engineer (SRE) will:
- Help design, implement, operate and maintain our infrastructure with Infrastructure as Code. Includes advising on build vs buy decisions.
- Advocate for SRE principles and practices across the Product Development organization, and help us build a DevOps culture.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, and help improve the on-call experience.
To be successful, you should have:
- 2-3 years working as an SRE or similar role, and 5 or more years as a software developer, sysadmin, or similar.
- Understand the culture of DevOps, and worked in a successful DevOps environment
- Experience with AWS, or another modern Cloud platform.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong knowledge of Terraform, CloudFormation, or other Infrastructure as Code languages.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!