Does getting a 404 break your heart?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for an SEO Strategist to be part of our Marketing department at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Inbound team leads our content strategy, marketing automation, and SEO initiatives. Our organic traffic has grown over the years and we’re looking for someone to join this team as we take it to the next level— which is where you come in!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inbound, the SEO Strategist will support our marketing team through our SEO strategy. We’re looking for someone to come in and understand where we are, where we want to go, and develop a way to get us there. You’ll have the opportunity to develop our sites’ into an industry-leading resource, while also growing your own toolbox of skills in this space.
The SEO Strategist will:
- Be the SEO expert behind the scenes. You’ll be a key stakeholder in driving and understanding organic traffic to our three major sites—GetJobber.com, Jobber Academy (academy.getjobber.com), and our Help site (help.getjobber.com) and will be responsible for maintaining and improving these sites’ performance.
- Help develop a consistent process. We’re looking for someone to regularly report on traffic and SEO performance, make recommendations based on these reports, and put these recommendations into action.
- Conduct regular SEO audits and make recommendations. You’ll audit our current activity and make recommendations for improvements on the regular, while also finding us new opportunities to get in front of our customers.
- Assist with content strategy. You’ll help provide direction around what we should write, optimize, and prioritize.
- Roll up their sleeves. We’re looking for someone who is ready to get to work. This means getting in the weeds updating links, title tags, images, and more.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of marketing experience, specializing in SEO.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing and SEO software, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Moz, and Screaming Frog.
- Attention to detail. You’re on top of checking every page to make sure it’s following on-page best practices, we’re targeting the right keyword, and that the page speed is lightning fast.
- A strong sense of collaboration. You’re going to be working with other members of the Marketing department, so you’ll need to work with them to understand what we’ve tried, where to go, and what needs to be done.
- To check your ego at the door and thrive on feedback. Some ideas will be great and others will be stinkers. You understand that not every idea will be a winner and that doesn’t phase you.
- To prioritize and execute. There’s a lot of work to be finished, which is both exhilarating and exhausting. You need to be excited to be building process, prioritize to get some quick wins, and dig in for long-term gains.
- Ecosystem thinking. Everything at Jobber is interconnected, so you need to be able to think about the bigger picture with everything you do.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!