Do you want to drive the Site Reliability culture at one of Canada’s most dynamic startups?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to be part of our Product Engineering department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Product Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Site Reliability Engineer will work, along with the cloud infrastructure team, to build and maintain an industry leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for someone who is ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to create solutions and help ensure our infrastructure remains available and responsive to our customers.
Your work will include accelerating our product development teams, and helping to ensure our application operates at a high level of performance and stability.
The SRE will:
- Help design, implement, operate and maintain our AWS infrastructure with Infrastructure as Code.
- Help implement and maintain local tooling for development and observability tools including alerting, incident response and playbooks.
- Advocate for SRE principles and practices across the Product Development organization, and help us build a DevOps culture
- Participate in our on-call rotation, and help improve the on-call experience
To be successful, you should have:
- ~2 years of systems support, scripting, or developing in an enterprise environment
- Passion for learning, reliability, automation, orchestration and continual improvement
- Basic understanding of DevOps principles and/or Cloud Native approaches beneficial
- Basic understanding of any cloud provider (AWS ideally)
- Passionate about problem solving and and technology
- Ability to liaise with colleagues and staff in difficult situations
To be successful, it would be great if you had:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with security, scalability and observability.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!