Do you want to give people something to talk about?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Social Media Strategist to be part of our Marketing team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB!
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The goal of our Community team is to grow word of mouth, through formal (e.g., Referral program) and informal (e.g., Social media) customer and non-customer referrals.
The Social Media Strategist will help us engage, activate, and grow our community online and offline. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Community Engagement, you’ll be responsible for developing and curating content online and offline to keep our community talking about Jobber and growing thanks to super shareable content! Our offline to online approach means that this position is definitely not digital-only—you’ll have the opportunity to work our trade shows and get face time with our customers, and manage video and print projects. How do you grow word of mouth? By giving people something to talk about!
The Social Media Strategist will:
Be in charge of social content development and curation.
- Work with the Community team to develop monthly social media themes that build Jobber’s reputation as a brand of trust and leadership in our space, and execute on writing and scheduling daily posts across all social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Grow our Facebook Group, and create and execute on a content calendar that builds the reputation of the group as a strong resource for entrepreneurs in the home services.
- Pitch and identify opportunities to leverage our partners, customers, and ambassadors to help us increase our reach across social.
- Maintain a social media calendar that ensures all of our initiatives get play and visibility (feature releases, press, people and culture features, influencer campaigns, lead gen campaigns, webinars, events, etc.).
- You’ll be working with stakeholders on multiple campaigns in various stages of planning, running, and launching, all at the same time.
- Turn posts with high engagement into round-up posts on Jobber Academy, and write recaps of offline or online events to share with the community.
Be the voice behind the Jobber brand on social.
- Respond to online comments and questions, putting a Sales or Success hat on as needed, and collaborating with those teams to get the answers you need.
- Become pro at speaking in the Jobber voice and posting within our visual guidelines, and evolve these guidelines.
- Engage with customers, partners, and the larger community in person and through social platforms and forums, encouraging conversation and UGC.
- Prepare briefs for our weekly Facebook Lives where we interview industry experts, and potentially conduct the interview.
- Develop offline to online plans for our events and trade shows, so that our global community feels like they are with us wherever we go.
- Continually look for opportunities to educate yourself and the wider Community and Marketing team on the realities of running a small business so we can continue to refine our messaging and engagement strategies.
Use analytics to grow our following.
- Maintain social reporting and platform analytics, and be a key stakeholder in improving reporting and communicating results.
- Suggest and implement tactics to drive growth on social media.
- Pitch ideas and initiatives to grow our community through engagement and storytelling.
Exercise their project management skills.
- Develop video, photo, written, print, and event activation ideas that will play well on social media, and take the projects to the finish line.
- Work with other marketing teams to develop and launch engaging social campaigns.
To be successful, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience working with social media and/or community management.
- To be comfortable with a fast pace and heavy workload. You’ll need to be more than comfortable juggling 3 to 6 campaigns of varying lengths and levels of detail.
- To take projects from ideas to execution. You’ve project managed before, and are excited to do it again.
- The ability to collaborate. You’ll be working with other department leads to create diverse content across all channels that reflect Jobber, aligning with new campaigns, product releases, or events.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with multiple stakeholders, have excellent communication skills, including previous experience as a strong copywriter and long-form writer.
- To be proactive and adaptable. Creating a social calendar is a must, but knowing when to update it for a trend, change in industry, or product update is important.
- An eye for design. You’ll be turning templates and guidelines from our creative team into social posts, and must be able to take and edit photos.
- To know the in’s and out’s of social media. You have sound knowledge of social media channels including trends, analytics, best practices and possibilities within social channels.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, stock options, and parental leave top-ups.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!