Do you automate everything and thrive on preventing bugs?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Staff Quality Engineer to be part of our Product Engineering department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Product Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Staff Software Quality Engineer will be a technical leader within our Product Development team, working with scrum teams to build a high quality product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
It's important that you can lead by example, influence decision-making, effectively handle conflict, and be a champion for engineering best practices.
The Staff Software Quality Engineer will:
- Lead improvements to processes, frameworks, and tooling that make it easier for everyone to deliver high-quality code faster
- Influence and build on our culture of software quality
- Coach and mentor teams on automated testing, maintainability, and managing tech debt
- Work closely with developers, PMs, and designers to ensure delivered features meet both business and quality requirements
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code and mentor teammates to do the same
- Break down and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful, you should have:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in building automated test suites and quality automation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and lead engineering efforts
- Deep understanding of effective test strategies in the Agile/scrum framework
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle and release strategies
- Talent for finding creative ways to break software to identify potential problems
- Proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience building & improving Rspec and Jest test suites
- Experience using Cypress and Detox in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with mobile app testing and automation
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!