Do you want to develop more than just a product?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to be part of our growing Fintech team in our Business Operations department.
At Jobber, we don’t just build a product – we work on real problems that help people in small businesses to become successful. We are inspired by our company values: be humble, be supportive and give a shit, which are not just said but are lived. We work in a collaborative environment where teams make decisions with autonomy and contribute directly to shaping the company’s future. We release early and often while dedicating time to address technical debt. We believe in getting instant feedback from our customers and leveraging that to make their lives easier.
We help employees grow professionally; we have a ton of onboarding resources, tutorials, hackathons and buddies to support learnings and provide opportunities to innovate. We have a range of experience levels on teams which allow for mentor/mentee opportunities. Leaders at Jobber work with empathy and support employees to build a healthy work-life harmony. Bring your dedication and passion to this job to fulfill your goals.
Business Operations (BizOps) is our internal consulting department – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. The Business Technology team, which sits embedded in BizOps, develops internal software, integrations and data infrastructure.
This role will collaborate with our Risk team, which is a key group within the broader Fintech team that is central to Jobber’s success, focused on keeping both our Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
Reporting to the Director, Business Technology, the Staff Software Engineer will be a technical leader within our BizOps team, working with scrum teams to develop internal software, integrations and data infrastructure. Our work unlocks improved operational outcomes, workflow efficiencies and new business insights across our organization. This team leverages data, tools and technology in order to successfully execute on their own mandates. They research, develop and maintain systems which support other internal teams from an operational and analytical perspective.
It's important that you can lead by example, influence decision-making, effectively handle conflict, and be a champion for engineering best practices. You’ll be working extensively with our Risk team to solve problems and help detect fraud and credit risks and ensuring that Jobber is protected from losses.
The Staff Software Engineer will:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve our processes internally to make sure we’re providing the highest quality service to them.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code and mentor teammates to do the same.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to determine the best solution to our internal problems.
- Identify, advocate for, and lead cross-team technical initiatives.
- Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated software engineering experience as well as team lead types of duties – you may even consider yourself a subject matter expert in certain areas.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and lead engineering efforts.
- Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers.
- Proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience working with Risk (Fraud and Credit) teams within Payments, Cards and/or Lending
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in a production environment
- Experience using TypeScript and React in a production environment
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!