Can you dig deep and discover insights that others would miss?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Staff UX Researcher to be part of our Product Design department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Product Design team turns sketchbook ideas into an impactful user experience. By balancing UI, UX, research, and content design, we shape all parts of the users experience.
Part of the larger Product Development Team, we work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to achieve goals for our business and our users. Product Design at Jobber is decentralized, meaning you’ll work in tandem with a set group(s) of Designers and Product Managers.
Our Product Development Team is central to the success of Jobber—focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of people around the world. We’ve been doing UX research at Jobber for years but are looking to evolve its impact in crafting great experiences by adding a tenured lead to the team.
As the Staff UX Researcher you’ll play equal parts researcher and leader within the UX team. You’ll uncover user and business problems pairing with product designers and product managers across the business, but also lead how we conduct and evolve UX Research at Jobber. Our vision for this role is to initially lead by example, evolving into running the UX Research discipline over the next year.
You’ll report to the Senior Manager, Product Design who will focus on both supporting you on your journey but also challenging you to become a better researcher and leader.
The Staff UX Researcher will…
- You will implement multi-method research studies, acting as a generalist and skillfully selecting the right approach for every situation.
- Evolve and develop our UX research standards and practices across the Product Design team with equal parts industry standards and creative thinking.
- Pair with product designers on research studies and collaborate with them on how to resolve issues uncovered by insights.
- Educate product designers on best practices around UX research and increase the impact research can have throughout the UX team.
- Build strong relationships with product, marketing, customer success, and business operations leaders and work with them to impact decisions on product roadmaps and strategic visions.
- Partner with designers, product managers and engineers during different stages of the product development lifecycle to de-risk product decisions based on validated, user-centred insights.
- Be obsessed with uncovering insights and sharing stories with the team.
- Set goals and measure the impact of research projects within an organization that leans heavily on the quantitative.
In order to be successful, you will need…
- To currently love getting your hands dirty and conducting UX research that will motivate change, but in the near future aspire to lead, mentor, and coach a group of researchers.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing UX researcher within a SAAS product.
- To love talking and interacting with people to understand their needs, wants, and desires, and the ability to communicate those findings back to the people you work with.
- To have strong confidence and hands-on experience executing all relevant types of research: qualitative, quantitative, evaluative, exploratory and competitive.
- To be a self-starter. We don’t want someone who just follows instructions. We believe in autonomy and trust at Jobber.
- To be an expert in collaboration. UX is all about communication; next-level communication skills, including written, verbal are a must.
- To be curious. You won’t always have success in what you and your team(s) deliver, so seeing the positive side of failure will drive you forward.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!