Do you believe the secret to the success of a company is the people?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Talent Coordinator to be part of our People department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. From your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, through your onboarding and time in the company, the People team is here to help you be successful.
In this role you’ll report into the Talent Attraction (TA) team, which focuses on finding the right people to join us on our journey on helping make the people in small businesses successful. When hiring needs arise in the business, TA works with hiring managers to facilitate an external and/or internal process to find the right person for the position.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Attraction, the Talent Coordinator will have the opportunity to help support our technical recruitment function. You’ll support a team of our recruiters by providing a great candidate experience that drives engagement through story-telling and conversations, timely updates and feedback, and content. You’ll also have the opportunity to start building your own skills in this area!
To dive a bit deeper, the Talent Coordinator will:
- Champion the recruiting process and collaborate closely with the TA team to ensure we’re providing a world-class candidate experience. This will range from assisting with timely scheduling of interviews, ensuring solid communication with our candidates, and kicking off the onboarding process.
- Build your recruitment skills. You’ll be exposed to early stages of the recruitment process – from Application Review to Phone Screens – and start taking over your own funnel. Working with your team you’ll become the next great recruiter to help future Jobberinos find their dream job.
- Own the Employee Referral Program. You’ll make sure we’re reaching out to candidates in a timely fashion, facilitate rewards, ensure accurate data capturing, and provide updates to the program as necessary.
- Utilize data to improve recruiting efficiency and drive innovation. Greenhouse is a beast and needs some love, so you’ll work through that with the Manager, TA to make sure the data we’re capturing is accurate and working towards the goals of the team. You’ll leverage Culture Amp to assess the recruiting and onboarding experiences.
- Continue to be an ambassador of our culture by being humble, supportive – and someone who truly gives a sh*t! You will represent Jobber with the highest degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
To be successful, you should have:
- At least 1+ year of experience working in a goal-driven environment. Whether you’re coming from a Recruitment or People capacity right now, or moving your career from Sales or Customer Service, you want to move your career in this area and will leverage your natural customer service, sales, or influencing skills to the role.
- A data-driven mindset paired with a curiosity that helps inform and educate our teams.
- A track record of success, whether exceeding targets, KPIs, or just being the person who gets sh*t done and can motivate others to do the same.
- To think big, yet manage the details. You can see the big picture, but are also laser focused on delivery and execution. This role requires a ton of organizing – you’re dealing with multiple candidates and roles at once! – and there’s no room to let things slip through the cracks.
- Strong communication and relationship building abilities. You strive to be a candidate and employee advocate while also being a trusted partner to your teams. You’re comfortable speaking in front of groups of people (virtually and in-person).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. You build rapport and credibility with others easily, display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times. You exhibit integrity with everything that you do.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills; accuracy is essential.
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!