Do you believe the secret to the success of a company is the people?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for our first Talent Sourcing Specialist to be part of our People department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. From your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, through your onboarding and time in the company, the People team is here to help you be successful.
The Talent Attraction (TA) team focuses on finding the right people to join us on our journey on helping make the people in small businesses successful. When hiring needs arise in the business, TA works with hiring managers to facilitate an external and/or internal process to find the right person for the position.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Attraction, the Talent Sourcing Specialist will have the opportunity to work on a team that drives engagement with our candidates through story-telling and conversations, cares about diversity and inclusion, and provides an impressive level of clarity to multiple stakeholders. This role is the first of its kind at Jobber, so you’ll be helping develop and implement what our sourcing strategy will be, so we’re looking for someone who has been there, tested it, and wants to help build out this new area while still having connections with potential candidates.
To dive a bit deeper, the Talent Sourcing Specialist will:
- Work collaboratively with the Talent Attraction team and our hiring managers. You’ll work to understand what the ideal candidate persona is, help define what it looks like, and then run with it.
- Be knowledgeable of various sourcing channels. With your previous experience you’ll be able to brainstorm, plan and execute effective sourcing strategies, utilizing the tools we currently have in place and suggesting others to build pipelines and present suitable candidates.
- Work with our HRIS and ATS systems to build sourcing pipelines, run reports and provide relevant data on performance metrics.
- Be able to understand how to reach out to different types of candidates and engage with them using different forms of communication, and utilizing different sourcing channels such as social recruiting tools, networking, user groups and meetups.
- Promote our Talent Brand when they reach out to candidates on various platforms, making connections with future Jobberinos who they believe are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 1+ years experience as a Talent Sourcer, Recruiter in a high sourcing environment, or other similar HR position that drives engagement and conversation.
- Demonstrated affinity with candidate sourcing and recruitment techniques. You’ll be the driver of this area, so having previous experience to leverage is important.
- Familiarity with sourcing tools, HR systems (including an ATS) and candidate management systems.
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. You’re striving to be a candidate advocate while also working alongside your team.
- The ability to effectively sell a position. You’ll be the first point of contact for these candidates, so knowing how to sell the high-points of a position is going to be important.
- To think big, yet manage the details. You can see the big picture, but are also laser focused on delivery and execution. This role requires a ton of organization – you’re dealing with multiple candidates and roles at once! – so there’s not a lot of room to let things slip through the cracks.
- The ability to adapt and pivot. We’re an agile company and we need people who are able to pivot and change directions when something isn’t working.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!