Do you want to help build an environment where the very best people can do amazing work?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Total Rewards Manager to be part of our People department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. Whether it is your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, engaging in our custom onboarding program, or reaching out to one of our business partners, the People team is here to help you be successful.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People and Planning, the Total Rewards Manager will be responsible for leading, evaluating, and executing the compensation function and have a significant impact on Jobber’s future expansion. Jobber is a company deeply rooted in its values-based culture.
You will need to navigate the data driven aspects of compensation and blend them with the artistic elements that are often difficult to quantify. This will include both strategic evaluation of existing programs including job evaluation, banding, base compensation, ESOP, benefits etc as well as creation and design of new programs. By doing this, you’ll enable Jobber to attract and retain top talent with a strategic, effective, and engaging program.
The Total Rewards Manager will:
- Act as a subject matter expert on all facets of total compensation
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the compensation process including- job evaluation, job banding, and salary structures
- Apply comprehensive compensation knowledge to all Jobber programs with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Manage the participation in salary surveys and develop recommendations based on survey results that are aligned with Jobber’s compensation strategy
- Manage Jobber’s compensation processes including our merit and market review pay programs
- Maintain knowledge of Canadian and international total rewards trends, developments, and best practices. Create recommendations based on these findings.
- Manipulate and analyze data sets to determine relevant insights and make recommendations based on those findings
- Review Jobber’s compensation structures for pay equity, compliance, and other internal metrics
- Support implementation of new compensation programs, processes, and tools which may include testing to validate applicability to local market situations and driving implementation at a local level within the context of global guidelines
- Build and deliver compensation related training and education materials to employees, people leaders, and teams across Jobber.
- Collaborate with other members of the People team on compensation-related matters such as pay adjustments, job evaluation, salary bands, and offers for new hires and promotions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across all areas of the business by openly discussing challenges, sharing feedback, and making recommendations for improvement
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years of progressive Total Rewards experience.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Business Administration or other. Bonus points if you have a compensation designation.
- Ability to manage projects and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Recommend creative and collaborative solutions for resolving compensation related issues
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence decision-making with business partners both verbally and in writing, including solid presentation skills.
- Consultative style with ability to develop credible relationships with business partners.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!