Do you want to help build an environment where the very best people can do amazing work?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Total Rewards Specialist to be part of our People department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. Whether it is your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, engaging in our custom onboarding program, or reaching out to one of our business partners, the People team is here to help you be successful. While humble in their approach, the People team has been recognized as Finalists for “Top HR Team” at the Canadian HR Awards in 2021 and 2020. They were also honoured to be a 2021 Finalist for “Top Rewards and Recognition” program.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People and Planning, the Total Rewards Specialist will be responsible for administering and executing many of the programs in Jobber’s Total Rewards Program. The role requires excellent organizational skills and are a collaborative approach to keep everything moving.
To be successful, you need to be a data driven individual that can navigate unique situations within an established process (and some not so established processes). You lead stakeholders through exercises ranging from job evaluation and banding to reviewing base compensation adjustments and Stock Option changes (within existing guidelines). You assist with the implementation of new programs by bringing insights unique to your stakeholders. You answer total rewards questions from within the People team as well as across the organization. You escalate as required and work to clarify ambiguity within our total rewards programs.
The Total Rewards Specialist will:
- Act as a main point of contact on all facets of total compensation
- Administer many aspects of the compensation process including- job evaluation, job banding, and salary structures
- Assist with participation in salary surveys, including data collection, cleansing, processing, and updating
- Will create, modify, and manipulate data sets for review based on set criteria for various internal total rewards reviews
- Assist in annual compensation programs such as our merit and market review pay programs
- Be the main administrator of compensation data within Jobber’s HRIS
- Support implementation of new compensation programs, processes, and tools which may include testing to validate applicability to local market situations and supporting implementation at a local level within the context of global guidelines
- Assist with the creation of compensation resources for related training and education of employees, people leaders, and teams across Jobber.
- Collaborate with other members of the People team on compensation-related matters such as pay adjustments, job evaluation, salary bands, and offers for new hires and promotions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across all areas of the business by openly discussing challenges, sharing feedback, and making recommendations for improvement
To be successful, you should have:
- 2+ years of Total Rewards experience, with a preference to within the Tech sector.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Business Administration or other.
- Working towards, or an interest in working towards, your CPP or equivalent.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Established analytical, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills
- A continuous improvement mindset – You take feedback well and can adapt quickly based on the situation
- Strong communication skills that utilizes tact to navigate challenging situations
- Excellent spreadsheet and data manipulation skills
- Consultative style with ability to develop credible relationships with business partners.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!