Are you excited about creating new ideas and contributing to the growth of an innovative startup?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our Growth Department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Growth team is like the 'scouting party' for the rest of Jobber – we validate ideas and run experiments to provide information to other departments to help decide where to best apply their efforts.
We work closely with people throughout the entire company, from Product Managers and Engineers to Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to help identify areas of improvement and high growth potential. Together with our stakeholders, we help amplify Jobber’s success by tying together great user experience, research, and marketing to drive scalable, consistent, and measurable growth.
Our Growth Design team is central to the experiments that we run—focused on creating experimental user interfaces and experiences that aim at improving and connecting the value that our product provides to tens of thousands of people around the world.
Reporting to Manager, Growth Design, the UX Designer will work with partners throughout the company to understand new ideas and problem areas, iterate and identify potential variations, and turn them into amazing experiences. Along with following a design process that you deem most efficient for each project, you’ll have the opportunity to dig through qualitative and quantitative data to make data informed decisions on your designs. You’ll report to a Design Manager who will focus on challenging you and helping you become a better designer.
This role is open to applicants across Canada with the ability to work in-office in either Toronto, ON, or Edmonton, AB when our workplaces reopen post pandemic.
As a UX Growth Designer, you will:
- Work cross-functionally to understand who our potential customers are and what motivates them at different stages in their journey.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research methods to help make tough decisions about the future.
- Design interfaces, experiences, and landing pages to test hypotheses both in and outside the product.
- Collaborate on experiment design that will answer questions for Growth or other internal teams.
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, and engagement.
- Balance both user and business needs during the experiment design process.
- Build relationships with peers across disciplines. Learning how different disciplines work together to build products.
In order to be successful, you will need:
- Experience as a designer in a team setting working with web or SaaS products.
- Master the tools needed for your craft (we use Figma, FigJam, pencil and paper, and a few others) and know when to use which tool.
- To never give up. Focusing on Jobber’s growth will put you into uncharted territory – some of your experiments will succeed but just as many will fail.
- To be driven by results. The impact you can have on Jobber’s future is limitless. You will learn to understand what success looks like and stop at nothing to achieve it.
- To understand that opinions are assumptions. A large part of growth design is validating assumptions you or the team are making through experiments and research.
- To collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To comprehend the difference between a good and bad user experience and influence positive change to the latter.
- To build relationships and communicate the work you do. Design is all about communication; communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual are a must.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!