Are you an artist with cameras, lenses, and gimbals? Do you make video magic with the edit suite? Can you produce and direct like a master storyteller?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for a Video Producer to be part of our Creative Studio!
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
Drill down a little further and you’ll find the Jobber Creative Studio. Brand strategy, voice and tone, maintaining a consistent personality, and evolving a strong visual brand across Jobber are the tools we use to support Jobber in telling the world about who Jobber is and what we stand for.
The Video Producer will use their creativity and talent in producing, scripting/treatments, filming, directing, interviewing, storytelling, editing, and post-production magic to breathe life and creativity into video at Jobber. In addition to making the highest quality videos in the biz, you’ll need to understand people — our target audience is made up of some of the best people you’ll ever meet, and working with these folks in the field will be a big part of the job. Empathy, creativity, and technical expertise are the biggest qualities we’re looking for.
Reporting to the Creative Director and working alongside designers, product marketers, community reps and more, you’ll use big ideas to help our target audience understand our product, feel empowered by the businesses they run, and feel connected to our brand. You will be responsible for driving a wide variety of video projects from idea to delivery including high quality commercials, testimonials, educational videos, editorial stories, content marketing pieces, social videos, customer case studies, branded “wow” videos, and more. You’ll have the autonomy to push yourself creatively and build amazing pieces that will be seen by a global audience.
The Video Producer will:
- Have experience in and an expert ability in all aspects of production — shooting, editing, lighting, audio, art direction, interviewing, scripting, producing/planning, casting, styling and set decoration. They will sometimes be a one-person operation on set and sometimes work with a small crew.
- Have a solid knowledge of effective and strategic content for social media including You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, and Instagram.
- Be able to direct others and conduct interviews on camera. You can make interviewees comfortable enough to be their genuine selves on set. You ask the best questions and get the best answers.
- Plan and storyboard with a level of detail that helps keep other project contributors in the loop and on schedule and budget.
- Produce basic motion graphics for animated ads, video intros, and social media campaigns.
- Record and edit audio for voice-overs, podcasts, and video.
- Be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and ability to manage your time and projects wisely.
- Follow brand and design guidelines and bring ideas to collaborative design brainstorms.
- Manage and maintain video equipment.
- Work with the Marketing, Support, and People teams to take their needs/problems and conceptualize and execute a solution from start to finish.
- Keep up with cutting-edge industry trends and ideas and use them in your projects.
- Be a brand champion by prioritizing the overall quality of Jobber’s brand and the work that represents it.
- Live for making high quality, awe-inspiring video content.
To be successful, you should have:
- A solid portfolio of awesome video work that has performed well. Video and content made for brands are a definite asset, but not necessary. Please submit portfolio links along with your resume and application.
- 2+ years making professional videos; anything from weddings to music videos to short documentaries or social videos.
- 3 + years of experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, as well as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- To collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
- The ability to travel internationally (once it’s safe).
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- A post-secondary education in video production, film, media, or marketing.
- Experience with Camtasia screen capturing Software
- Experience with Wistia
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!