Does inspiring, leading and growing a world-class product management organization excite you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a VP, Product Management to lead our Product team, encompassing Product Management, UX and Design. This talented team is focused on creating software to support the growth and success of our small business customers. You will set the product strategy to align with our business goals, work with your team to create the roadmap and ultimately be responsible for delivering on your vision.
As one of Canada’s fastest growing start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish. So, if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
This role can be based in either our offices in Edmonton, Alberta or Toronto, Ontario.
As Jobber’s VP, Product Management, here’s some of what you'll do:
- Join the Executive team and help to define and drive our long term business strategy
- Understand our customers and their challenges and use this knowledge to develop a fresh product vision with a multi-year strategic roadmap – ensuring alignment to our business goals
- Partner with the VP, Engineering to ensure the Product and Engineering teams are working as a cohesive unit focused on building and iterating on products designed to drive acquisition, expansion and retention
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Business Operations, Sales and Success leaders to clearly define a product value proposition
- Partner with the People team to build and structure a high performing Product organization
- Lead, coach and inspire your team, helping each individual to grow their careers as well as contribute to the company’s success
- Instill a culture of critical thinking and strategic focus to unlock the potential of the Product team
- Keep up to date on market and industry trends and competitive information
- Build the reputation of Jobber’s Product team by producing thought leadership pieces, contributing to Jobber’s Product team blog and speaking at events
- Support and encourage speaking opportunities for all members of the Product team
- Maintain a consistent talent pipeline by attending networking and industry events, cultivating external referrals and identifying/developing Jobber employees
- Create and manage to an overall KPI dashboard as well as individual product scorecards
In order to be successful, here’s what you bring to the role:
- 10+ years in Product focused roles including at least four at either the Director or VP level
- Demonstrated success working with either SMB or Consumer SaaS products
- A track record of bringing products to market on time and on budget
- A track record of developing members of your team as evidenced by their career successes
- A deep understanding of KPIs and analytics and using them to drive product adoption and growth
- A deep network within the Product community and connected to people at all stages of their careers
- Pricing and packaging experience is an asset
- A passion for helping small businesses be successful and the drive to help create a market leading product used by millions
What you can expect from us:
- A chance to make a direct impact on the lives of small businesses around the world
- Extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums
- Competitive salary, RRSP matching, and equity
- Three weeks paid vacation and flexibility for your life
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop within a high-growth and inclusive environment
A bit more about us:
We are the industry leading software for small home service businesses (Gartner agrees, read more here). Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber and appliance mechanic use Jobber to quote for jobs, schedule and dispatch work, track time, send invoices and of course, get paid! Tens of thousands of people use Jobber to deliver over $5-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and that's exactly what we're doing!
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.