Does leading Website Strategy at one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Startups excite you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Website Strategy Manager to join our Marketing team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Inbound marketing team leads Jobber’s content, website, and lead nurturing strategies. Our online presence has grown over the years and we’re looking for someone to lead the strategy for Jobber’s web properties.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inbound, the Website Strategy Manager will play an important role in simplifying the online learning and buying experience for new Jobber customers. You’ll use data to inform decisions and make recommendations, and work collaboratively with other stakeholders to improve website experience, conversion rate, and increase website traffic. You’ll be given autonomy to hold yourself accountable to decisions, outcomes, and timelines that impact your work.
The Website Strategy Manager will:
- Manage Jobber’s website properties. As a member of the marketing team, you’ll work with your teammates to make sure getjobber.com, boostbyjobber.com, academy.getjobber.com, events.getjobber.com, and help.getjobber.com are all performing well and follow online best practices.
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams. Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll be coordinating the development and implementation of website changes with the Community, Content, Demand Generation Product Marketing, and Creative teams.
- Report on Website KPIs. You’ll inform how we report on the website metrics, tie our efforts back to revenue, and will report to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Always be testing. You’ll lead website testing and conversion optimization. You’ll follow results through the funnel and communicate both the wins and losses.
- Research. You’ll understand both qualitative and quantitative metrics, lead user research, and make recommendations based on the research.
- Roll up your sleeves. You’ll set strategy and then put the strategy into action. This means getting into content, the CMS, and working with a team.
- Flex your project management abilities. You’ll create and manage the website roadmap and ensure projects are delivered on time and achieve desired results.
- Communicate your findings to other stakeholders. We’ll experiment with new tactics. You’ll own the learnings of these experiments and will share the successes and opportunities with the marketing team.
- Stay on top of the latest UX and website trends. Best practices change. You’ll be responsible for keeping the marketing team informed on the latest in website best practices.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in digital marketing
- A deep understanding of digital analytics and experience with analytics tools including Google Analytics, Hot Jar, SEMRush, Amplitude, Google Data Studio,
- Experience running website experimentation
- Experience leading qualitative and quantitative research
- To be imaginative. We’re looking for someone who will pay attention to trends in the home services industry and apply these trends to our online strategy.
- To seek out feedback. You’re someone who has a willingness to receive feedback and the ambition to use it to improve.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- To be a team player. You’ll take the lead and drive projects, but will also be called on to play a supporting role and provide expertise for your teammates.
- To digest ambiguous data, ask the right questions, communicate and action critical insights.
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and common performance metrics
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!