Apply to be a speaker at Jobber Summit
Jobber Summit brings valuable, actionable sessions to an audience of home service business owners and teams. We’re looking for speakers from home service, business, or entrepreneurial perspectives to share real advice and drive real change. Check out our sessions from the 2023 event here.
The application period for Jobber Summit 2024 has now closed. Any applications submitted at this time will not be considered for Jobber Summit 2024, but may be considered for other Jobber events.
Guidelines for applying
Before applying through the submission form at the bottom of the page, read our guidelines:
Who should apply?
Not sure if you’re a fit? Apply anyway! Or reach out to [email protected] and ask.
What kind of sessions are we looking for?
- Our sessions will be in three formats: presentations (one speaker presenting), fireside chats (interview-style with a moderator asking a speaker questions), and panels (up to three speakers facilitated by a moderator). Indicate in the form which option suits you best.
- We are only looking for sessions that are actionable and specific—no fluff! Be sure to outline what key takeaways your session has for attendees in your application.
- Fit the content to the audience. Our attendees are small business owners and teams in the home service industry—the plumbers, HVAC technicians, contractors, landscapers, home and office cleaners, and more, who we rely on every day. It’s a diverse audience, so make sure your session is applicable across home service professions.
- No self-promotions or sales pitches. Jobber Summit is meant to be educational and inspirational.
Sessions at Jobber Summit cover a range of topics
Sessions at Jobber Summit aim to help attendees run a successful home service business. They cover topics in a range of areas, like employee and customer relationships, process and operational efficiency, and profitability and financials.
For Jobber Summit 2024, sessions will be broken out into 3 categories. Identify which audience your topic best compliments, and keep these categories in mind when submitting your application.
- Sessions for business owners just starting out or looking to launch their home service business
- Sessions for businesses with their feet on the ground that are looking to improve their systems and grow their business capacity
- Sessions for established businesses that want to expand and scale up
Session topics should not be specific to any one industry—home service business owners from across industries should be able to learn something from all sessions!
Below is a list of topics Jobber Summit speakers have covered in the past. These are just examples, please bring your own fresh ideas for session topics!
Previous Jobber Summit Session Topics:
- Attracting and Hiring Top Talent: How to reach, attract, hire, and onboard all-star employees
- Getting Customer Referrals and Reviews: How to ask for, collect, and earn client referrals and five-star online reviews
- Organizing and Refining Your Business Processes: Ideas and tips for introducing and optimizing processes that will make your business more efficient
- How to Better Reach Customers on Social Media: Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms to connect with current clients and attract new ones
- Improving Cash Flow and Profitability: How to keep your business financially healthy by balancing revenue, expenses, and profit
- How to Set and Stand Behind Your Prices: Pricing services accurately, positioning your business as a quality service provider, and dealing with customer objections about prices
If you have multiple potential topics, outline them in your application.
- Jobber Summit is a one day event and will take place in early March 2024. Speakers will be notified of the exact date once confirmed, and we require all speakers to attend the event.
- Speakers will receive a fee for their contribution.
- Each session will be roughly 20 minutes long.
- Submissions will be open from Wednesday, July 12 to Friday, September 15, 2023.
- Submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and someone from our team may reach out to you in the weeks following your application.
- Unsuccessful submissions will not be notified.
- This application is the first step in the review process. The next step for successful applicants is a screening call with our team.
Speaker application terms
- Application confirmation does not guarantee a speaking slot. Speaker confirmation is subject to one or more conversations with our event team and the signing of an engagement contract.
- Selected speakers agree to promote their involvement on social media at the direction of our event team.
- Selected speakers grant permission to promote involvement as a speaker across our channels.
- Selected speakers agree that we have editorial discretion over the format and content of the session, including editing of the session video.
- The session video will be the property of Jobber Summit and can be used in perpetuity. Selected speakers can also share their video post-event at the discretion of the event team.
- Once the topic and session content for selected speakers is confirmed, it can only be changed with permission from the event team.
- Selected speakers may be asked to answer attendee questions on social media post-event at the request of the event team.