Free Invoice Template
You don’t have hours to spend making invoices from scratch—and you don’t need to. Use this free invoice template to automatically create and download a custom invoice for any job. Just add your company and client information to our free invoice generator, then download a clean, professionally designed invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
Create an invoice fast with our free invoice generator
- Cut down on repetitive data entry and turn hours of invoicing into minutes
- Convert an estimate or work order into an invoice with the click of a button
- Help you stay organized and include all necessary information
- Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
- Make you look more professional than handwritten invoices
- Get paid the proper amount, faster
- Help you track rates, prices, hard costs, expenses, and accounts receivable
- Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
- Easily manage all job details in one place
- Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
- Keep your business running efficiently and consistently
Save your custom invoice template
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of what you provided and how much it cost. The customer then receives this document and knows what they need to pay and by what date.
Here’s what to include on an invoice:
• Invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g., Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Invoice issue date and the payment due date
• Company info (business name, logo, phone number, email, mailing address)
• Client details (name, address, contact details)
• Line items with product and service descriptions
• Costs associated with each line item (labor costs, materials and quantities, hourly rates, overhead costs, any special discounts)
• Subtotal before applicable taxes, discounts, and service fees
• Total amount owed, including applicable taxes and discounts
• Invoice payment terms (payment instructions, accepted payment methods, late payment fees, any service warranty disclaimers)
• Personal note to show the customer you appreciate their business
Check out the invoice sample below to see what this invoice template includes:
This invoice template is part of our free Job Toolkit where you can store client information, convert templated estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work. It’s perfect for small business owners (like you!) who are used to formatting and editing invoices on paper, or in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Excel spreadsheets.
Bill and invoice are two terms for the same thing: a document that presents the amount of money a customer owes for a product or service.
The difference depends on whether you’re a buyer (customer) or seller (small business owner). Invoice is the term that service providers use, while a client might refer to that invoice as a bill they have to pay. In other words—a service provider sends an invoice to a customer, and the client receives a bill.
Bills and invoices should include a complete breakdown of all project costs, as well as payment information such as the due date, payment methods, and subtracted deposits.
Send an invoice as soon as you can after the job is complete—ideally, less than 48 hours after completing the job. Sending invoices late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid. Just make sure you and your client agree that the job is done!
Typically, an invoice should be paid within two weeks of the service date. You can test payment deadlines and see what works best for your business’s cash flow, but within 30 days is generally the rule of thumb.
Some business owners prefer to accept a deposit beforehand, and final payment the day of the service. You might want to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make your high-ticket services more affordable.
Jobber’s invoicing software makes it easy to create, send, and track invoices online from your desktop or mobile device. Automatically convert job details into customer-friendly invoices, follow up with customers on overdue payments, and get paid faster. Jobber also helps you spend less time on admin work like estimating, scheduling, time tracking, and all the other details that keep your business running smoothly.
Here’s what you can do with invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and company branding
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Send multiple invoices at once with batch invoicing
• Set reminders to invoice after each visit, or create a custom reminder schedule
• Keep track of which visits have and haven’t been invoiced
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule teams, route work, and track time and expenses
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Over 200,000 home service pros in 50+ industries trust Jobber
“If you can make a quote on the spot, you’re 10 steps ahead of the competition.”
Jobber changed the game because it’s right at people’s fingertips.