Free Plumbing Invoice Template
Create an invoice fast with our free plumbing invoice generator
You don’t have hours to spend making invoices from scratch—and you don’t need to. Use this free plumbing invoice template to automatically create and download a custom invoice for any job. Just add your company and client information to our free invoice generator, then download a clean, professionally designed invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
Here’s what our free plumbing invoice template can do for you:
- Cut down on repetitive plumbing invoice wording and turn hours of invoicing into minutes
- Convert an estimate or work order into an invoice with the click of a button
- Help you stay organized and include all necessary information
- Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
- Make you look more professional than handwritten invoices
- Get paid the proper amount, faster
- Help you track rates, prices, hard costs, expenses, and accounts receivable
- Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
- Easily manage all job details in one place
- Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
- Keep your business running efficiently and consistently
Take a look at this professional plumbing invoice example that was created using Jobber’s plumbing invoice template:
Start invoicing faster with Jobber
Download your free invoice PDF below. Or, create a free account with Jobber to start sending invoices to clients in minutes. No credit card or contract required.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of what you provided and how much it cost. The customer then receives this document and knows what they need to pay and by what date.
Here’s what to include on a plumbing invoice:
• Invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g., Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Invoice issue date and the payment due date
• Plumbing business name, logo, phone number, email, street address
• Customer’s name and contact details
• Line items that detail the plumbing work you provided (e.g., water heater inspection and repair, leaky pipes, clogged drains)
• Costs associated with each line item (labor costs, quantity of materials, hourly rates, overhead costs, any special discounts)
• Subtotal before applicable taxes, discounts, and service fees
• Total amount owed, including applicable taxes and discounts
• Invoice payment terms (payment deadline, instructions to make online payments,, accepted payment methods, late fees, any service warranty disclaimers)
• Personal note thanking the customer for choosing your plumbing services
Check out the plumbing invoice form sample below to see what this plumbing invoice template includes:
This plumbing invoice template is part of our free Job Toolkit where you can store client information, convert templated plumbing estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work. It’s perfect for plumbing business owners (like you!) who are used to formatting and editing invoices on paper, or in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Excel spreadsheets.
Bill and invoice are two terms for the same thing: a document that presents the amount of money a customer owes for plumbing services.
The difference depends on whether you’re a buyer (customer) or seller (small business owner). Invoice is the term that service providers use, while a client might refer to that invoice as a bill they have to pay. In other words—a service provider sends an invoice to a customer, and the client receives a bill.
Just like invoices, a plumber bill format should include a complete breakdown of all project costs. This includes the unit price for materials (like fixtures and pipes), the number of hours the service took to complete, and payment information such as the due date, payment methods, and subtracted deposit.
Send an invoice as soon as you can after the job is complete—ideally, less than 48 hours after finishing a plumbing job. Sending invoices late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid. Just make sure you and your client agree that the job is done!
Typically, a plumbing invoice should be paid within two weeks of the service date. You can test payment deadlines and see what works best for your plumbing business’s cash flow, but within 30 days is generally the rule of thumb.
Some business owners prefer to accept a deposit beforehand, and final payment the day of the service. You might want to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make your high-value services more affordable.
Jobber’s plumbing invoicing software makes it easy to create, send, and track invoices online from your desktop or mobile device. Automatically convert job details into customer-friendly plumbing invoices, follow up with customers on overdue payments, and get paid faster. Jobber also helps you spend less time on admin work like estimating, scheduling, time tracking, and all the other details that keep your plumbing business running smoothly.
Here’s what you can do with plumbing invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and plumbing company branding
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Send multiple plumbing invoices at once with batch invoicing
• Set reminders to invoice after each visit, or create a custom reminder schedule
• Keep track of which plumbing jobs have and haven’t been invoiced
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule teams, route work, and track time and expenses
Find out how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
- Appliance repair invoice template
- Carpet cleaning invoice template
- Cleaning invoice template
- Commercial cleaning invoice template
- Construction invoice template
- Contractor invoice template
- Drywall invoice template
- Electrical invoice template
- Flooring invoice template
- Handyman invoice template
- HVAC invoice template
- Junk removal invoice template
- Landscape invoice template
- Lawn care invoice template
- Painting invoice template
- Pest control invoice template
- Plumbing invoice template
- Pool service invoice template
- Pressure washing invoice template
- Roofing invoice template
- Snow removal invoice template
- Tree service invoice template
- Window cleaning invoice template