Free Lawn Care Invoice Template
You don’t have hours to spend making invoices from scratch—and you don’t need to. Use this free lawn care invoice template to automatically create and download a custom invoice for any job. Just add your company and client information to our free invoice generator, then download a clean, professionally designed invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
Create an invoice fast with our free lawn care invoice generator
- Stay organized and include all necessary information
- Look more professional than handwritten invoices
- Get paid the proper amount, faster
- Track rates, prices, hard costs, expenses, and accounts receivable
- Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
- Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
- Keep your business running efficiently and consistently
Looking for a landscaping invoice template instead? Get it here.
Save your custom Invoice Template
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
While you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of the lawn care and yard maintenance services you provided and how much it all cost. The customer then receives this document and knows what they need to pay and by what date.
Here’s what to include on a lawn care invoice:
• Invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g., Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Invoice issue date and the payment due date
• Lawn care business name, logo, phone number, email, and mailing address
• Client’s name, address, and contact information
• Line items with product and service descriptions (e.g., lawn treatment, crabgrass control, grub control)
• Hourly or flat rate for each service (labor costs, materials and quantities, overhead costs, any special discounts)
• Subtotal before applicable taxes, discounts, and service fees
• Grand total owed, including applicable sales tax and discounts
• Invoice payment terms (payment deadline, instructions, accepted methods of payment, late fees, any service warranty disclaimers)
• Thank-you note to your customer for choosing your services
Check out the example lawn care invoice below to see what this lawn care invoice template includes:
This lawn care invoice template is part of our free Job Toolkit where you can store client information, convert templated lawn care estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work. It’s perfect for lawn care business owners (like you!) who are used to formatting and editing invoices on paper, or in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Excel spreadsheets.
Bill and invoice are two terms for the same thing: a document that presents the amount of money a customer owes for lawn care services.
The difference depends on whether you’re a buyer (customer) or seller (small business owner). Invoice is the term that service providers use, while a client might refer to that invoice as a bill they have to pay. In other words—a service provider sends an invoice to a customer, and the client receives a bill.
Lawn care bills and invoices should always include a complete breakdown of all project costs, as well as payment information like the due date, payment methods, and subtracted deposits.
Send an invoice as soon as you can after the job is complete—ideally, less than 48 hours after finishing a lawn care visit. Sending invoices late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid. Just make sure you and your client agree that the job is done!
If you offer recurring lawn care service to some clients, send out your invoices at regular intervals and consider recurring payment processing options. This keeps your cash flow stable for your weekly and monthly jobs.
Typically, clients should pay their lawn care invoice within two weeks of the service date. You can test payment deadlines and see what works best for your lawn care business’s cash flow, but within 30 days is generally the rule of thumb.
Some business owners accept a deposit beforehand, and final payment the day of the service. You might want to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make your higher-value services more affordable.
Jobber’s lawn care invoicing software makes it easy to create, send, and track invoices online from your desktop or mobile device. Automatically convert job details into customer-friendly lawn care invoices, follow up with customers on overdue payments, and get paid faster. Jobber also helps you spend less time on admin work like estimating, scheduling, time tracking, and all the other details that keep your lawn care business running smoothly.
Here’s what you can do with lawn care invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and lawn care company branding
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Send multiple lawn care invoices at once with batch invoicing
• Set reminders to invoice after each visit, or create a custom reminder schedule
• Keep track of which lawn care visits have and haven’t been invoiced
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule your team, route work, and track time and expenses
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Over 200,000 home service pros in 50+ industries trust Jobber
“If you can make a quote on the spot, you’re 10 steps ahead of the competition.”
Jobber changed the game because it’s right at people’s fingertips.