Free Window Cleaning Invoice Template
Create a window cleaning invoice fast with our free invoice generator
Use this free window cleaning invoice template to create and download a customized invoice for any job. Just add your company and client information to our invoice generator, then download your professional invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
It can be a headache to format and edit invoices in Word, Google Docs, and Excel. Save yourself the hassle and make a clean, easy invoice in a few clicks with our window cleaning invoice generator.
Start invoicing faster with Jobber
Download your free invoice PDF below. Or, create a free account with Jobber to start sending invoices to clients in minutes. No credit card or contract required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s what to include on an invoice for every window washing job:
• An invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g. Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Your window cleaning business’s name, company logo, phone number, email, and mailing address
• Your client’s name and contact details
• Line items that detail the type of work you provided, along with window cleaning descriptions (e.g., interior or exterior windows, screen cleaning, glass doors, hard water removal, type of window cleaner used)
• The costs associated with each line item, including cost per pane, window cleaning tools and supplies, labor costs, overhead costs, and any special discounts
• The date the invoice was issued and the payment due date (making the due date as clear as possible without confusing terms like “Net 30”)
• Subtotal before taxes, discounts, and service fees
• The total amount owed, including applicable taxes and discounts
• Payment terms that include the payment deadline, instructions, accepted payment methods, late payment fees, and any service warranty disclaimers
• A note thanking the customer for choosing your services
Here’s a window cleaning invoice example that was created using Jobber’s window cleaning invoicing software:
If you aren’t sure how to format your invoices like the sample window cleaning invoice above, you can use our online invoice generator—it already has every section your invoice needs! Just add your personal details and job information and you’re ready to go.
Using a free invoice template can help you stay consistent and save you hours of typing, copying, and pasting. Here are some tips for creating an invoice:
• Use a simple, professional layout with your window cleaning company branding
• Include your company and customer contact info
• Describe the window cleaning services you provided
• Include prices for your window cleaning services, calculated per pane and window size
• Make your invoice payment terms and conditions clear
• Include your subtotal, applicable taxes, discounts, and fees before the total
If you’re just looking for a quick-start template that you can reuse as often as you like, use our free invoice generator and start sending out invoices right away.
Our window cleaning invoice generator helps you create customizable, professional invoices for your window cleaning jobs, in minutes. It has blank fields for the services your company provided, how much is due, when the payment is due, and what payment methods you offer.
All you have to do is type in all the information you would normally add to an invoice. Once you fill out the blank template, you can download your invoice as a PDF and send it to your client easily.
The template is part of a larger free toolkit where you can store client information, convert their window cleaning estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work. It’s perfect if you’re just starting a window cleaning business or exploring software instead of pen and paper.
Use a digital window cleaning invoice instead of a carbon copy.
Carbon copies are an old-school and expensive technology. You have to pay a specialty printing shop to create them, and you need physical storage space to keep them all organized.
Plus, customers are more likely to lose physical copies, which can delay payment.
A digital invoice template lets you send invoices to your clients by email or text message as soon as the job is complete. Customers will appreciate the convenience and professionalism of having an invoice they can access from anywhere.
Handwritten invoices can lead to inconsistencies and errors that hurt your bottom line. Using a window cleaning invoice template saves you loads of time, makes you look more professional, and helps you get paid faster.
Here’s what an invoice template can do for you:
• Help you stay organized and include all necessary information
• Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
• Make you look more professional than handwritten invoices
• Get you paid the proper amount on time
• Help you track rates, prices, expenses, and accounts receivable
• Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
• Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
You can find templates as fill-in PDFs, MS Word or Google Doc, and Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets—or using our easy invoice generator. An invoice template is essential to keeping your business efficient and consistent.
With window cleaning invoice templates, it’s easy to streamline your invoicing process and turn hours of invoicing into minutes.
Most residential window cleaners charge by the pane instead of hourly. This gives you leeway to use your preferred cleaning techniques without worrying about time.
Average residential window cleaning prices range from $4 to $5 per pane (for inside-and-out cleaning) and around $2 per screen. You can adjust your pricing based on the size of the panes, number of screens, sills and tracks, average prices in your region, and whether deep cleaning is needed. Prices may also change for one-off jobs versus a cleaning contract.
If you’re a commercial and industrial window cleaner, you should charge potential clients more—these jobs take longer, and they require special cleaning supplies and safety equipment.
Some window cleaning service businesses charge a callout fee to cover travel expenses, equipment maintenance, workers’ insurance, and administrative costs.
Invoices and receipts are very different. While invoices are used to bill customers, receipts are used to confirm a payment made from a customer to your small business.
An invoice is a request for payment. It outlines the window cleaning service a client has to pay for, the cost of each service, total amount due, payment due date, payment terms, and client information.
A receipt is proof of payment. After an invoice or bill has been paid, your client should get a window cleaning receipt detailing the total amount they paid, when it was paid, and which payment method they used.
A quote describes what the finished work will look like and how much it’ll cost to complete. This is the first step for any job. Your window cleaning service quote should show the client what they can expect, and you don’t start the job until they sign off on it.
An invoice is the final bill you send to the client for the completed work. This is the last step of your job. The amount on your window cleaning invoice might be different from the amount on the quote, depending on how much the work changed during the job.
Using pen and paper, you could spend hours writing down your contact details, adding your customer’s information, writing in all your line items from memory, and adding prices for each line item.
You can speed up this process by using an easy-to-fill window cleaning invoice template—you just need to fill out the information specific to your job and customer.
Use our invoice generator to create an Adobe PDF invoice template that looks professional and includes your window cleaning business logo, colors, and contact information.
You should send out your window cleaning invoice as soon as the job is complete. If that’s not possible, try not to wait any longer than 48 hours to send the invoice.
Sending invoices late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid. Just make sure you and your client agree that the job is done!
Typically, an invoice should be paid within two weeks of the service date. You can test payment deadlines and see what works best for your business’s cash flow, but within 30 days is generally the rule of thumb.
Some window cleaners prefer to accept a deposit beforehand, then take final payment the day of the service. You might want to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make your high-ticket services more affordable.
Invoicing software helps window cleaning professionals like you collect payment for work using invoices that you can create, send, and track online.
Jobber’s window cleaning software makes it easy to create an invoice from your desktop or mobile device. With Jobber, you can convert job details into client-friendly invoices and automatically follow up with customers on overdue payments.
Here’s what you can do with invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and company branding
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Automatically send overdue invoice reminders when a client hasn’t paid
• Keep track of which visits have and haven’t been invoiced
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Send multiple invoices at once with batch invoicing
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule teams, route work, and track time and expenses
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
- Appliance repair invoice template
- Carpet cleaning invoice template
- Cleaning invoice template
- Commercial cleaning invoice template
- Construction invoice template
- Contractor invoice template
- Drywall invoice template
- Electrical invoice template
- Flooring invoice template
- Handyman invoice template
- HVAC invoice template
- Junk removal invoice template
- Landscape invoice template
- Lawn care invoice template
- Painting invoice template
- Pest control invoice template
- Plumbing invoice template
- Pool service invoice template
- Pressure washing invoice template
- Roofing invoice template
- Snow removal invoice template
- Tree service invoice template
- Window cleaning invoice template