Free Lawn Care Receipt Generator
Download your free lawn care receipt template
Want to finalize customer payments faster? Turn hours of paperwork into a few easy clicks with our free lawn care receipt template. Just fill in your business name, client details, job information, transaction date, and more. Then download your professional-looking lawn care receipt as a printable PDF that you can send to customers after they pay.
(Ready to speed up your entire payment process? Try using lawn care software to send invoices, accept payments, and automatically send receipts to customers after your weekly or bi-weekly mowing jobs.)
About this template
- List customizable service line items
- Add in client and job details
- Calculate service total, including sales tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable receipt
Take a look at this professional lawn care receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A lawn care receipt is a written record of a customer’s payment for products or services. It shows how much they paid and when, which is useful in case there’s a future dispute or other problem with the lawn care services you provided. Both you and your customer get a copy of the receipt for your records.
Our free lawn care receipt template makes it easy to customize and send out professional-looking receipts for services you’ve completed. It’s the perfect tool for wrapping up any customer transaction, whether you’re just starting a lawn care business or you’ve been mowing lawns for years.
Your lawn care receipt should include this information:
• Your lawn care company name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The date when you provided lawn mowing, weed control, fertilization, dethatching, or other lawn maintenance service
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Every lawn service provided along with descriptions, materials used (e.g., fertilizer, pesticides), labor hours, and associated costs
• Total amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and taxes
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Any notes about the transaction (e.g., if it’s a recurring payment)
• A brief thank-you note showing you appreciate the client’s business
Your receipt should also include the word “receipt” in big letters. A standard invoice and receipt look very similar, so make sure you indicate in writing that the customer has already paid in full for your lawn care services.
If you use a simple lawn care receipt generator like this one, your receipt will automatically include all the job information you need. Look at the lawn care receipt sample below to see how a finished receipt should look:
A standard lawn care receipt template lets you create a detailed receipt for your customer after you’ve provided a product or service. You can find these receipt templates as editable PDFs, Google Docs, Microsoft Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
Here’s what our easy lawn service receipt template can help you do:
• Create and send accurate receipts with just a few clicks
• Customize receipts with your lawn care company and customer details
• Save time and money making your own receipts
• Make receipts from anywhere using your phone
• Look like a pro with digital receipts instead of handwritten documents
• Prevent mistakes by automatically adding up service prices and taxes
• Avoid customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• File your receipt by downloading it as a printable PDF
• Be prepared for tax accurate with financial records
• Build a reputation as a credible and professional business
Enter all your company information and job details into this customizable lawn care receipt template. Once you add in how much you charged for services, the generator calculates the total amount your customer should pay, including taxes and tips. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the receipt and send it to your customer—much faster than using pen and paper or Google Docs.
Creating and sending receipts is even easier when you use lawn care software like Jobber. Send a lawn care invoice, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and automatically generate a receipt for the customer—with no extra effort. You’ll manage all of your payment details in the same place you manage your lawn care work.
You can use this free lawn care receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. If you need more currencies, try Jobber for free.
Our tool creates a simple receipt without a logo. However, you can upload your logo and even add your brand colors using our lawn care invoice template as a fillable invoice form.
It’s best to send your customer a receipt right after they send payment. Wrapping up transactions quickly lets you get to the next job faster. The sooner you send the receipt, the more likely your customer will see you as a professional lawn care service provider (and book you for repeat business).
To send your lawn care receipt, you can save it as a PDF and email it to the customer to clients. For customers who prefer paper documents, you can print the receipt and hand it to them in person or send it by mail. Just ask every customer which option is most convenient for them.
Receipts and invoices are two different documents. You send a receipt to a customer as proof that they paid their lawn care invoice. Here’s how the entire process looks:
• You send an invoice (also known as a bill)to your customer after giving them a product or service. When you write an invoice, include descriptions of the lawn mowing and maintenance services you provided, as well as the cost of each. The invoice should also show your customer what they owe, how to pay it, and when to pay it.
• Then send a receipt after the customer pays their invoice. The receipt should have all the same information as the invoice—but unlike the invoice, the receipt should be marked as “paid.” Receipts give you and your customers a record showing that you completed the work and that they paid for it. This is the last step in every transaction.
If you’d like to make a lawn care invoice instead of a receipt, use our free lawn care invoice template.
Typically, you should keep client receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. This time period can vary depending on where you live:
• U.S.: Store your receipts until three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Keep your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Hang onto receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you lodged your tax return.
When you don’t need your lawn care receipts anymore, shred them to ensure these records of customer data are securely destroyed.
Saving and filing your lawn care receipts after every transaction makes it easier to file your taxes. Try these tips for organizing your lawn care receipts better:
• Get a business bank account for processing all incoming and outgoing payments. This keeps all your transaction history and details visible in one place.
• Save digital and original copies of your receipts at your office or at home. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your country’s storage requirements.
• Decide on a filing system that works for you. For example, you could organize receipts by quarter, then sort them by client or service type.
• Use lawn care software like Jobber to automatically convert lawn care estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep them all organized. That way you don’t have to do any extra legwork or paperwork after getting paid.