Free Roofing Receipt Generator
Download your free roofing receipt template
Ready to save time and effort on roofing job payments? Turn hours of admin work into just a few clicks—customize our free roofing receipt template by filling in your business name, customer details, job information, transaction date, and more. Download a professional-looking roofing service receipt as a printable PDF, then easily send it to the customer after the job’s done.
(Make this process even faster—use roofing business software to send invoices, accept payments, and send receipts to customers automatically when the roofing project is finished.)
About this template
- List customizable roofing job line items
- Add in client and job details
- Calculate the job total, including tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable receipt
Take a look at this professional roofing receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A receipt is a written record of a customer’s payment for your services and an important part of the billing and payment process. The receipt shows how much the customer paid and when, which is useful in case there’s a future dispute or other problem with the roofing service you provided. You and your customer should both keep a copy of the receipt.
Our free roofing service receipt template makes it easy to customize and send out professional-looking receipts for services you’ve completed. It’s the perfect tool for wrapping up any customer transaction, whether you’re just starting a roofing business or you’ve been a roofing contractor for years.
Your roofing service receipt should include this information:
• Your roofing company name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The date when you finished the roofing job or completed the transaction
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Products/services provided, including item description, quantity, and cost
• Total payment amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and taxes
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Any notes about the transaction (e.g., payment method, deposit/partial payment)
• A brief thank-you note showing you appreciate the client’s business
Your roofing receipt should also include the word “receipt” in an easily visible spot. Receipts and invoices can look similar, so your payment record has to show that the customer has already paid for your roofing services in full.
If you use a basic roofing receipt generator like this one, your receipt automatically includes all the details you need. Check out the roofing receipt sample below to see how your finished receipt should look:
A standard receipt template helps you create a detailed receipt for your customer after you’ve completed a roofing job. Here’s what our easy roofing receipt template can help you do:
• Create and send accurate receipts to customers with just a few clicks
• Save time and money making your own receipts from scratch
• Customize receipts with your roofing business and customer details
• Make a good impression with digital receipts—no more carbon copies
• Build a reputation as a professional and credible roofing business
• Make receipts in the office or on the go using your phone
• Prevent errors by adding up roofing service prices and taxes automatically
• Avoid possible customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• File your roofing receipt by downloading it as a printable PDF
• Keep accurate records of customer transactions for tax season
With a blank roofing receipt template, you can enter all the information your customer needs to see. This takes just a few minutes—much less time than using pen and paper. The generator automatically calculates how much you charged for roofing services and adds it up for you, including sales tax and tips. Finally, send it to your customer to wrap up the transaction.
You can also find these receipt templates as editable PDFs, Google Docs, Microsoft Word documents, and Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets.
Creating and sending receipts is even easier when you use roofer software like Jobber. Send a roofing invoice, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and automatically generate a receipt for the customer—no extra effort required. You can also manage all of your payment details in the same place you manage your roofing work.
You can use this free roofing receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. If you need more currencies, try Jobber for free.
This tool is a simple roofing receipt generator, so it doesn’t use your logo. However, you can upload your logo and apply your brand colors using professional invoicing software.
The best time to send a receipt to a customer is right after they send payment for your roofing services. That way you’re finalizing the transaction as soon as possible, as well as reducing the risk of forgetting to send the receipt. The sooner you send a detailed, accurate receipt, the more likely your customer will see you as a professional roofing service provider.
There are a few ways to send roofing receipts to customers, depending on what’s most convenient for them:
• Save your roofing receipt as a PDF and email it to the customer
• Print the receipt and hand it to the customer
• Print and mail the receipt to the customer’s home or business
A receipt is written proof that your customer paid their roofing service invoice. Here’s the difference between an invoice and a receipt:
• You send an invoice (also called a bill) to your customer after you provide roofing services. When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of what services and roofing material you provided, as well as how much everything cost. The customer then receives this document and knows how much they need to pay and by what date.
• You send a receipt to the customer after they pay their invoice. The receipt includes the same information as the invoice, but the document is marked as “paid.” That way, both you and the customer have a record showing that you provided roofing services, and the customer paid you for it. This completes your transaction.
If you’d like to make a roofing invoice instead of a receipt, use our free roofing invoice template.
Keep client receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. The exact length of time varies depending on where you live:
• U.S.: Hang onto receipts until three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Keep your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Store receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you lodged your tax return.
Make sure to destroy your roofing receipts when you no longer need to keep them. This keeps your customers’ personal information safe.
Always save and file your roofing receipts when transactions are complete. This will make it easier to file your taxes at the end of the financial year. Here are a few ways to organize your roofing receipts:
• Get a business bank account for processing all incoming and outgoing payments. This will keep all your transaction details visible in one place.
• Save original and digital copies of your roofing receipts on site at your place of business. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your country’s storage requirements.
• Come up with a filing system that works for your roofing business. One way is to organize roofing receipts by year, then sort them by client or property.
• Use roofing software like Jobber to automatically convert estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep them all organized. That way you don’t have to do any extra legwork or paperwork after getting paid.
(Want to create a roofing estimate? Try using our free roofing estimate template.)
Looking for an industry-specific receipt?
- Cleaning receipt template
- Contractor receipt template
- Handyman receipt template
- HVAC receipt template
- Junk removal receipt template
- Landscaping receipt template
- Lawn care receipt template
- Painting receipt template
- Pest control receipt template
- Plumbing receipt template
- Pressure washing receipt template
- Roofing receipt template
- Snow removal receipt template
- Window cleaning receipt template