How to Get Pressure Washing Jobs: 32 Ways to Grow Revenue
You’ve written the business plan and purchased the equipment, but knowing how to get pressure washing contracts is the key to getting your small business up and running.
Whether you’re looking for new customers fast or planning ahead for future business growth, we’ve got you covered with 32 ways to find pressure washing jobs.
The best ways to get pressure washing jobs:
Try traditional advertising tactics
If you’re just starting a pressure washing business or working with a small budget, these traditional advertising methods can help you build your client list without breaking the bank:
1. Create tear-away flyers to post on community bulletin boards in grocery stores, community centers, gyms, etc. (Make sure to ask for permission first.)
2. Print pressure washing flyers or door hangers and deliver them to homeowners in your target service area
3. Ask customers to place lawn signs after a service is done so neighbors passing by know exactly who to call for a sparkly clean driveway, house, or windows
4. Invest in a truck wrap to advertise your pressure washing business as you drive from job to job
Pro Tip: Make sure to include your logo, company branding, contact information, and the services you offer on all your marketing materials so customers know what to contact you for and how to get in touch.
READ MORE: 415 pressure washing business names to inspire you
Build a pressure washing website
Building a pressure washing website is your first step to attracting pressure washing customers online. A website allows your business to appear on search engines like Google and tells potential customers who you are, what you do, and why they should work with you.
To create a website that gets you more pressure washing customers, use these tips:
5. Include an online booking form that lets potential customers request work from your website
6. Make it easy for customers to get in touch with contact information visible on every page
7. Attract local customers by including location-specific keywords like “pressure washer in [CITY]”
8. List the services you offer (like window washing or soft washing) and what’s included with each service
9. Build trust by sharing positive reviews from past customers on your website
10. Make sure your website is fast to load and easy to navigate so a potential client can quickly find the information they’re looking for
Invest in digital advertising
Digital advertising can help you stand out from your competition and get more pressure washing jobs. When used effectively, online ads help you target your ideal audience, maximize your budget, and attract customers with less effort.
Here are a few pressure washing advertising ideas to start with:
11. Set up a Facebook business page and share company updates, service offerings, deals or promotions, and before and after photos (for free!)
12. Boost an existing post from your Facebook feed to reach a larger audience
13. Create Facebook Ads that target potential pressure washing customers by location or interests
14. Use Google Search Ads to appear at the top of the search results page when a customer searches for terms like “pressure washers in [CITY]” or “gutter cleaning”
15. Use Google’s Local Service Ads to promote your pressure washing services to customers in your neighborhood
Pro Tip: Start by creating a monthly ad budget to make sure you’re not overspending on campaigns. Then test the waters to see which advertising method works best for your pressure washing business and update your strategy accordingly.
Use lead generation websites
Lead generation sites or online directories can help you get in front of customers actively searching for your services, faster. There are many sites to choose from, so we recommend getting started with these tips:
16. Create a profile and pay for leads on the best lead generation sites like Thumbtack, Angi, or TaskRabbit
17. Claim your free Google Business Profile and Bing Places for Business listing to get new leads from search engines
18. Find out which online directories to list your pressure washing business with WhiteSpark or BrightLocal. Listing your business on these top local citation sites help you appear higher on search results and build trust with potential customers.
READ MORE: 14 Thumbtack alternatives for your home service business
Offer customer incentives
Sweetening the deal with exclusive offers or promotions is a great way to attract new and repeat business to your pressure washing company.
Here are a few customer incentives and offers to try:
19. Use time-sensitive discounts on services (like 10% off for bookings before [DATE]) that encourage new customers to act fast
20. Bundle popular pressure washing services together (like washing siding, windows, and gutters) and charge one discounted price
21. Offer good, better, and best pricing to let customers choose between different levels of services and pricing
READ MORE: Pricing strategies for service businesses: everything you need to know
Build relationships for repeat customers
Window cleaning and pressure washing are recurring services. If you build strong relationships, you’ll have customers—and contracts—for years to come.
Here’s how to use relationship marketing to get new jobs from existing customers:
22. Impress your customers with convenient online booking, a self-serve, online portal to approve quotes and check appointment details, and automated appointment reminders
23. Follow up with customers once the job is complete and ask for feedback to make sure they’re satisfied with your service
24. Send out email marketing campaigns that keep existing customers informed about special promotions, other service offerings (like gutter cleaning), and important updates
25. Call old customers to check in and see if they’re interested in booking a pressure washing service
READ MORE: How to reconnect with old clients over email [free templates]
Pro Tip: Run a client re-engagement report in Jobber’s CRM to see clients who have not had a job closed in the last 12 months. This makes it easy to quickly get in touch with customers you haven’t heard from in a while and who are most likely to need their windows or driveway refreshed.
Attract new customers with word-of-mouth marketing
Word-of-mouth marketing is a quick and easy way to turn existing customers into new pressure washing jobs for your business. Here’s how:
26. Give your customers something to talk about. Complete a quality power washing job and provide top-notch customer service with on-my-way text messages and job checklists
27. Automatically request reviews once a job is complete and improve your reputation online with NiceJob
28. Share positive reviews on your website, flyers, and social media posts
29. Start a customer referral program that encourages happy customers to recommend your business to family and friends
READ MORE: 15 brilliant customer referral program ideas (with examples)
Bid on pressure washing contracts
Commercial contracts can mean guaranteed work for your power washing business, but they’re more challenging to get. If your business is geared towards commercial clients, you’ll likely have to submit a bid for the project first.
Luckily, there are several websites available to help you find new commercial contracts near you and submit your bid.
To find your next commercial pressure washing job, try these websites:
To get your business off the ground, you’ll need a steady flow of new pressure washing jobs. Use the list above to find new clients, fill your schedule with jobs, and grow your pressure washing business.
Originally published August 2019. Last updated January 11th, 2023.