Free Contractor Receipt Generator
Download your free contractor receipt template
Want to save time and effort during your invoicing and payment process? Turn hours of admin work into just a few clicks—customize our free contractor receipt template by filling in your business name, customer information, job details, transaction date, and more. Download a professional contractor service receipt as a printable PDF, then easily send it to your customer.
(Want to make this process even faster? Use contractor business software to send invoices, accept payment, and automatically send receipts to customers when your construction project is finished.)
About this template
- List customizable job line items
- Add in contact information and job details
- Calculate the job’s total cost, including tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable receipt
Take a look at this professional contractor receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A receipt is written proof that a customer paid for your contractor services. It’s an important part of the billing and payment process. The receipt shows what the customer paid and when, which is useful if there’s a future dispute or other issue with the service you provided. Both you and your customer need to keep copies of the receipt.
Our free contractor service receipt template makes it fast and simple to customize and send professional receipts for your completed projects. It’s the perfect tool to help you complete any client transaction.
Make sure to include this information in your contractor service receipt:
• Your business name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The date when you finished the contract work or completed the transaction
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Products/services provided, including item description, quantity, and cost
• Payment total amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and taxes
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Any notes about the transaction (e.g., payment method, like debit or credit card)
• A brief thank-you note showing you appreciate the client’s business
Your contractor receipt should also include the word “receipt” somewhere that’s easy to see. Receipts and invoices look alike, so the receipt needs to show that the customer paid for your services in full.
If you use a basic contractor receipt generator like this one, your receipt automatically includes all the details you need. Check out the contractor receipt sample below to see how your receipt should look when it’s finished:
A standard receipt template helps you create a detailed receipt for your customer after you’ve finished a contracting job. Here’s what you can do with our quick and easy contractor receipt template:
• Create and send accurate receipts to customers with just a few clicks
• Save time and money making your own receipts from scratch
• Customize receipts with your contracting business and customer details
• Make a good impression with digital receipts—no more pen and paper
• Build a reputation as a professional and credible independent contractor
• Make receipts when you’re in the office or on the go using your phone
• Reduce the risk of errors by adding up service prices and taxes automatically
• Avoid customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• File your contractor receipt by saving it as a printable PDF
• Keep accurate records of customer transactions for tax season
With a blank contractor or construction receipt template, it takes just a few minutes to enter all the job details your customer needs to see. The generator automatically calculates how much you charged for contractor services and adds it up for you, including sales tax and tips. Then all you have to do is send the receipt to your customer to finalize the transaction.
You can also find another receipt template as an editable Adobe PDF, Google Doc, Microsoft Word document, Excel spreadsheet, or Google Sheet.
Making and sending receipts is even easier when you use contractor software like Jobber. Send a professional invoice, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and automatically send the customer a receipt—without any extra effort. You can also manage your payment details in the same place you manage your projects.
You can use this free contractor receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. Try Jobber for free if you need more currencies.
This tool is a simple contractor receipt generator, so it doesn’t use your logo. However, you can upload your logo and apply your brand colors when you try professional invoicing software.
The best time to send a receipt to a customer is right after they pay for your contracted services. That way you finish the transaction as soon as possible and avoid the risk of forgetting to send the receipt. Send a detailed, accurate receipt right away, and your customer will see you as a professional contractor.
There are a few ways to send contractor receipts to customers, so choose the option that’s most convenient for them:
• Save your receipt as a PDF and email it to the customer
• Print the receipt and hand it to the customer
• Print and mail the receipt to the customer’s home or business
A receipt is written proof that your customer paid their contractor service invoice. Here’s the difference between an invoice and a receipt:
• You send an invoice (also called a bill) to your customer after your contracting or construction project is done. When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of services and materials you provided, as well as how much it all cost. The customer then receives the document and knows how much they need to pay and when it’s due.
• You send a receipt to the customer after they pay their invoice. The receipt includes the same details as your independent contractor invoice, but the document is marked “paid.” Now you and the customer both have a record showing your transaction is finished.
Need to make a contractor invoice instead of a receipt? Use our free contractor invoice template.
Keep client receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. The exact length of time varies depending on where you live:
• U.S.: Hang onto receipts until three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Keep your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Store receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you lodged your tax return.
Protect your customers’ personal information by destroying your contractor receipts when you no longer need them.
Always save and file your contractor receipts when transactions are complete. This makes it easier to file your taxes at the end of the year. Try these handy ideas for organizing receipts:
• Get a small business bank account for processing incoming and outgoing payments. This keeps all your transaction details visible in one place.
• Save original and digital copies of your contractor receipts at your place of business. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your country’s storage requirements.
• Figure out a filing system that works for your contractor business. For example, you can organize receipts by year, then sort them by client or property.
• Use contractor software like Jobber to automatically convert estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep them all organized. That way there’s no extra legwork or paperwork after you get paid.
(Want to create a contractor estimate? Try using our free contractor estimate template.)
Looking for an industry-specific receipt?
- Cleaning receipt template
- Contractor receipt template
- Handyman receipt template
- HVAC receipt template
- Junk removal receipt template
- Landscaping receipt template
- Lawn care receipt template
- Painting receipt template
- Pest control receipt template
- Plumbing receipt template
- Pressure washing receipt template
- Roofing receipt template
- Snow removal receipt template
- Window cleaning receipt template