Free Window Cleaning Receipt Generator
Download your free window cleaning receipt template
Need to cut down on time and effort during invoicing and payment? Customize our free window cleaning receipt template with your business name, customer information, job details, transaction date, and more. Download a window cleaning service receipt in printable PDF format, then send it to customers—fast.
(Want to make the payment process even faster? Use window cleaning business software to send invoices, accept payment, and automatically send receipts to customers after the job’s finished.)
About this template
- List customizable job line items
- Add in contact information and job details
- Calculate the job’s total cost, including tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable receipt
Take a look at this professional window cleaning receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A receipt is written proof that a customer paid for your window cleaning services. This is an important part of the billing and payment process. A receipt is helpful if there’s a dispute or other issue with your service, so both you and your customer should save and file your copies.
Our free window cleaning service receipt template makes it easy to customize and send professional receipts. This template will help you complete any customer transaction, whether you’re just starting a window cleaning business or you’ve been a business owner for years.
Include this information in your window cleaning service receipt:
• Your company name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The job date or date when you completed the transaction
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Products/services provided, including item description, quantity, and cost
• Payment total amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and sales tax
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Any notes about the transaction (e.g., payment method)
• A brief thank-you note to tell the customer you appreciate their business
Your window cleaning receipt should also say “receipt” somewhere extra visible. Receipts and invoices look almost identical but have different purposes. It needs to be easy for the client to recognize this document as a receipt.
If you use a basic window cleaning receipt generator like this one, your receipt includes all the details you need automatically. See this window cleaning receipt sample for an example of how your receipt can look when it’s done:
A standard receipt template helps you create a detailed receipt for a customer after you’ve finished their window cleaning job. Here’s what you’re able to do with our quick and easy window cleaning receipt template:
• Create and send accurate receipts to customers with just a few clicks
• Save time and money writing your own receipts using pen and paper
• Customize receipts with your business and customer details
• Impress your customers with digital receipts
• Build a reputation as a professional window cleaner
• Make receipts when you’re in the office or on the go using your phone
• Reduce the risk of errors by automatically adding up service prices and taxes
• Avoid possible customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• File your window cleaning receipt by saving it as a printable PDF
• Keep accurate records of customer transactions for tax season
With a blank window cleaning receipt template, it takes only a few moments to enter all the job details your customer needs to see. The generator automatically calculates what you charged for window cleaning services and adds it up for you, including sales tax and tips. Then you can finalize the transaction by sending the receipt to your customer.
You can also find receipt templates as editable PDFs, Google Docs, Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or Google Sheets.
It’s even easier to make and send receipts when you use window cleaning software like Jobber. Send a professional invoice, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and automatically send the customer a receipt—with no extra effort. You can also manage your payment details in the same place as your estimates, service route, and employee schedule.
You can use this free window cleaning receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. Try Jobber for free if you need more currencies.
This tool is a simple window cleaning receipt generator, so it doesn’t use your logo. However, you can upload your logo and apply your brand colors when you try professional invoicing software.
The best time to send a receipt to a customer is right after they pay for your services. That way you won’t forget to send the receipt and can wrap up the transaction as soon as possible. Send a detailed, accurate receipt right away, and your customer will see you as a professional service provider.
There are several ways to send window cleaning receipts to your customers. Go with the option that’s most convenient for them:
• Save your receipt as a PDF and email it to the customer
• Print the receipt and hand it to the customer
• Print and mail the receipt to the customer’s home or business
A receipt is written proof that your customer paid their window cleaning service invoice. Here’s the difference between an invoice and a receipt:
• You send an invoice (also called a bill) to your customer after the job is done. When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of services you provided and materials you used, as well as how much it all cost. The customer receives the document and knows how much they need to pay and when.
• You send a receipt to the customer after their invoice is paid. The receipt includes the same details as your window cleaning invoice, but the document is marked “paid.” You and the customer now have records showing your transaction is complete.
Need to make a window cleaning invoice instead of a receipt? Use our free window cleaning invoice template.
Keep customer receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. The exact length of time varies depending on where you live:
• U.S.: Hang onto receipts until three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Keep your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Store receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you lodged your tax return.
Keep customers’ personal data safe by destroying your window cleaning receipts when you no longer need them.
Remember to save and file your window cleaning receipts when transactions are complete. This will be a big help when tax season rolls around. Try these ideas for organizing all your receipts:
• Get a small business bank account to handle incoming and outgoing payments. This keeps all your transactions visible and accessible in one place.
• Save original and digital copies of your window cleaning receipts at your place of business. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your country’s data storage requirements.
• Find a filing system that works for your window cleaning company. For example, you can organize receipts by year, then sort them by client or property.
• Use window cleaning software like Jobber to automatically convert estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep everything organized. That way you won’t need to do any extra legwork or paperwork after getting paid.
(Want to make a window cleaning estimate? Try our free window cleaning estimate template.)