Instagram Sweepstakes Rules
Masters of Home Service Podcast
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 AT THE DATE OF ENTRY. BY ENTERING THESE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND TO AGREE TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE RULES (THE “RULES”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of this Master’s of Home Service Podcast Instagram Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is Octopusapp Inc. (d/b/a Jobber) (the “Sponsor” or “Jobber”).
- Agreement to Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, the participant (“You” or “Entrant”) agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the Sponsor’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments, or issues related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes are only open to those who interact with Jobber’s Instagram post (the “Instagram Post”) about the Masters of Home Service Podcast, which is a podcast created by Jobber, by: (i) liking the Instagram Post; (ii) tagging a friend in the Instagram Post; and (iii) sharing the post to their instagram story. All of these actions must be completed within the Entry Period (as defined below). Jobber’s Instagram can be accessed at https://www.instagram.com/jobber/ and the Instagram Post itself will be posted on or around July 10, 2023 at 9:00 am Mountain Time. The Sweepstakes are open to residents of the United States and Canada (with the exception of Quebec) who are over the age of 18 and are void where prohibited by law. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of the Sponsor and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies, suppliers, their immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on July 10, 2023 at approximately 9:00 am Mountain Time and ends on July 17, 2023 at 9:00 am Mountain Time (the “Entry Period”). To enter, You must follow the eligibility and entry requirements in these Rules and take all of the required actions within the Entry Period. Interactions with the Instagram Post before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by interacting with the Instagram Post by: (i) liking the Instagram Post; (ii) tagging a friend in the Instagram Post; and (iii) sharing the post to their instagram story. For clarity, eligible entrants must complete the criteria in (i) through (iii) to receive one entry in the Sweepstakes. All of these actions must be completed within the Entry Period. The entry must fulfill all requirements of the Sweepstakes, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested and limit one entry. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules of the Sweepstakes, Your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive a sweater valued at $30.00 USD, a shirt valued at $25.00 USD, a YETI water bottle valued at $50.00 USD and other Jobber swag valued at $20.00 USD. Total value of the prize is $125.00 USD. Unless otherwise specified by Sponsor on the prize page, there will be one (1) Winner for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to add prizes and/or open the Sweepstakes to more than one Winner. All Winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in these Sweepstakes or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value.
- Value. Actual or appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer or assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state/provincial, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Skill-testing Question. If a selected Entrant is Canadian, they will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered through the Winner Release.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by random draw under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Winner will be notified within ten (10) days of the winner selection. The Sponsor shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within ten (10) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of any prize offered in this Sweepstake is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official Rules by the Winner at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will result in the Winner’s disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Release: Before being declared the Winner, the selected Entrant will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (the “Release”), indicating that the selected Entrant: (a) has complied and agrees to comply with these Rules; (b) accepts the prize as offered; (c) will keep their winning notification confidential until notified by Sponsor; (d) releases Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors, Instagram, and any other parties to be added to the Release in Sponsor’s sole discretion (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use, misuse, or awarding of the prize; (e) indemnifies the Released Parties from any and all losses that Sponsor may incur arising out of any act or omission by the Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes or the prize; and (f) except where prohibited by law, acknowledges Sponsor’s and its authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast the Winner’s name and/or statements without further compensation other than the prize offered. The wording of the Release will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor may also add such other terms and conditions to the Release as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary. The selected Entrant must return the Release by the date indicated on the document. If the Release is not returned on time or is returned as non-deliverable or if the selected Entrant is Canadian and fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is disqualified for any other reason, the prize will be forfeited and another Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries until the prize is successfully awarded.
- Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering these Sweepstakes, You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, Your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Event, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Rules at any time, to add, remove or substitute prizes and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part including in the event that a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a Winner(s) from eligible entries received before or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes You agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, Instagram, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (vi) printing errors; or (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail.
- Disputes: These Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of Canada, without respect to conflict of law doctrines, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of Canada to apply. By participating in these Sweepstakes, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Event shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To request a copy of the Winner(s) list please contact the Sponsor. Requests must be sent within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- No Endorsement. These Sweepstakes are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, or any other social networks that are used to share the Sweepstakes. You understand that You are providing Your information to the owner of the Sweepstakes and not to Instagram or any other social networks.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, You confirm that you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Rules, and terms and conditions.