Top 10 Snow Removal Apps to Master Winter
Running a snow removal business means long and cold nights spent in the cab of your truck. Make the season easier by using convenient snow removal apps that let you schedule jobs, dispatch teams, and manage your business on the go.
Keep reading for our list of the best snow removal software and apps to help you run an organized and efficient snow plow business.
Organize your snow removal business. Try snow removal business software today.
At the first sight of snowfall, you need to get to work fast. There’s no time to waste on manual scheduling, dispatching, or route planning.
With quoting, scheduling, invoicing, and payments all in one place, Jobber has all the tools you need to run a successful snow removal business.
Here’s what you can do with Jobber as your snow removal business software:
- Create professional quotes that suggest seasonal snow removal packages or additional services, like salting or sanding
- Schedule snow plow jobs faster and assign them to your crew instantly
- Optimize your snow removal routes to cut transit time and fit more work in the day
- Keep track of important property details and client details from the office or the field
- Access job details and snow removal contracts on the go
- Get paid without lifting a finger as soon as the job is complete
- Send automated texts and emails to let customers know you’re on your way, remind customers of overdue payments, or collect feedback on your snow removal services
If you’re just starting your snow removal business and looking to build your client list, Shovler can help you find snow shoveling or plowing jobs in your area.
Here are some benefits you’ll enjoy through the Shovler app:
- Easy way to find shoveling jobs in your area: Log in to the app to find shoveling jobs near you, or get alerted when a new job is posted nearby.
- Flexible work hours: Work as little or as much as you’d like. Simply open the app to accept a job when you’re ready to get to work.
- Convenient credit card processing: Get paid online with easy payment processing.
- Hassle-free pricing: Shovler helps you price snow removal jobs to avoid awkwardly negotiating fees with your customers.
FleetSharp’s fleet management app makes it easy to track vehicle location, driver behavior, fuel levels, and vehicle maintenance alerts throughout the day. Use FleetSharp to plan out efficient snow removal routes, find the closest workers for emergency jobs, and keep fuel costs down.
Here’s how FleetSharp can help you run a more efficient snow removal business:
- Shorten appointment windows and improve efficiency by knowing where your teams are at any time
- Improve response times to emergency requests by finding the closest snow removal contractor
- Get instant insights into the speed, direction, and fuel level of every vehicle in your fleet
The GasBuddy app helps your snow removal business cut fuel costs for your plows and work vehicles. Use the app to find the cheapest fuel prices nearby, monitor your gas spending, and get driving advice to optimize your fuel consumption.
GasBuddy lets you locate gas stations based on price, location, and restroom facilities. Plus, with insights into regional gas price trends, you’ll be able to budget your vehicle expenses more accurately.
Access and organize your financial records from anywhere with the QuickBooks Online app. Use Quickbooks Online to manage income and expenses, financial reports, payroll, and invoices from a desktop, phone, or tablet.
With QuickBooks you can:
- Monitor your business finances and improve cash flow
- Handle expenses and log mileage
- Create and track invoices
- Keep your finances organized for a smoother tax season
Plus, QuickBooks Online integrates with Jobber so you can seamlessly manage your finances in the same place you manage your snow removal business.
Mailchimp is a marketing app that helps you grow your snow removal business through email campaigns, postcards, and Facebook and Instagram snow removal ads.
Use Mailchimp’s email marketing campaigns to let your existing lawn care customers know that you also offer snow plowing, or to remind past customers to reinvest in your services.
Use the CompanyCam app to organize photos from snow removal jobs by date, time, and location. Then attach images to your client’s file and store them safely in the cloud.
Here are other ways you can use CompanyCam for your snow removal business:
- Snap before-and-after images of completed snow removal jobs and share them with customers on jobs and invoices
- Add comments, tags, or voice notes to images to show your crew what areas need snow clearing, and where to spread salt or sand.
Pro Tip: Try Jobber’s CompanyCam integration to easily capture photos on the job and add them to your customer’s invoices.
The best snow removal apps give you the flexibility to run your business from anywhere—even the cab of your truck in the middle of a snow storm.
But don’t download these apps all at once. Try them out one by one to avoid cluttering up your mobile device and see which apps help your business the most.