Cleaning Estimate Template
Get your free cleaning estimate template
Customize our cleaning quote template with details like your company name and logo, client information, line items, final price, terms and conditions, and more. Download the basic PDF, or click “Customize Template” to create a professional-looking estimate, convert it to an invoice, and send it to your clients via email or text.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our house cleaning estimate form makes it easy to send out customizable, professional-looking estimates. It’s perfect for business owners who are just getting started or exploring software instead of pen and paper. The template is part of a larger free toolkit where you can store client information, convert their estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work.
If you’re just looking for a quick-start house cleaning quote template that you can reuse as often as you like, download the free PDF and start sending out estimates right away.
Your professional cleaner estimate should include the following information:
• Your business’s name, company logo, and contact details
• Your client’s name and contact details
• Estimate number for record-keeping purposes
• An outline of the type of work you’ll be providing and frequency of services, along with a detailed description
• The approximate cost estimate of completing the work, factoring in labor costs, material costs and quantities, markup, overhead costs, payroll taxes, any special discounts or rates, and sales tax
• Optional line items for added services or tasks that would enhance the work for an extra charge, like cleaning ceilings or fireplaces
• A description of anything that specifically won’t be included in the work
• How long the estimate is valid for
• Estimate terms and conditions (e.g., deposit amount, invoice payment terms)
A cleaning estimate template is a blank copy of your estimate form, which you can fill out to create a detailed estimate after a consultation. You can find templates as fill-in PDFs, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets, free quoting tools, or even cleaning business software like Jobber. These templates are essential to keeping your business efficient and consistent.
Here’s what a cleaning quote template can do for you:
• Help you stay organized and include all necessary information
• Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
• Make you look more professional than handwritten estimates
• Cut down on repetitive data entry and save you time
• Help you track rates, prices, expenses, and accounts receivable
• Set client expectations and protect your business with terms and conditions
• Make filing easier with digital copies of all estimates
With our cleaning business estimate form, it’s easy to add in the specific details for that job, get the estimate approved, complete the work, invoice the client, and get paid faster—all with just a few clicks.
No matter the industry, every estimate needs the same elements. Line items, estimate totals, and terms and conditions are just a few examples.
The main difference is your services, which are specific to your industry and to the types of dwellings you’re cleaning, like an apartment or single family home. Whether you’re just starting a cleaning business or organizing your operations, kick off the estimating process with these services.
Start by deciding what types of cleaning services you’d like to offer and create a list of standard line items for bids and estimates. Then create a general cleaning price list for your services using a flat fee, hourly rate, room rate, or square foot rate. Don’t forget to charge extra for specialty services like carpet cleaning, too!
Pricing your cleaning services this way helps you assemble an accurate estimate and send it off to your client, faster.
Quotes and estimates seem similar, but there’s one big difference: budget flexibility.
An estimate is a rough but educated guess at how much time, work, and materials will be involved in completing a job. This gives you some wiggle room in case any unexpected details pop up during the work.
A quote, on the other hand, tells a client exactly how much they’ll be paying for the job. This can mean higher profits if you come in under budget—but it also means you have to think of everything that could complicate the job and cut into your profits.
(And yes, you can use this estimate template as a cleaning quote template!)
There’s a big difference between estimates and invoices.
An estimate describes what the finished work will look like and how much it’ll cost to complete. This is the first step in any project. An estimate sets the expectations for the client, and you don’t move forward until they sign off on it.
An invoice is the final bill you send to the client for the completed work. This is the last step of the project. The amount on the invoice might be different from the amount on the estimate, depending on how much the work might have changed during the project.
This is also the point where you can talk to the client about consumer financing.
That depends on how you’re doing it! If you’re using pen and paper, it could take a while to write down your contact details, add the customer’s information, write in all your line items from memory, and tally up the costs in your head. That’s part of why some cleaning businesses decide to charge for quotes.
With a cleaning service estimate template, some of that information is already in place and the calculations are done automatically, including taxes and discounts. It should only take a few minutes to fill in the details that are specific to the project, then send off the estimate to the client for approval.
Try our cleaning quote template free now!
Estimating and quote management software like Jobber makes it easy to create an estimate using your desktop or mobile app.
Here’s what you can do with estimating software:
• Set up client files for storing estimates, job details, and invoices
• Let new leads request work through your website or Local Services Ads
• Create estimates with add-ons, packages, and images
• Convert estimates into jobs and invoices
• Give clients the option to approve estimates and pay deposits online
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Schedule teams, route work, and track time and expenses
• Get paid faster using automated quote follow-ups and credit card processing
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create estimates and win work faster.