Free Landscape Invoice Template
Create a landscaping invoice fast with our free invoice generator
Looking for a lawn care invoice template instead? Get it here.
Use this free landscape invoice template to quickly create and download a customized invoice for any landscaping job. Just add your company and client information to our easy invoice generator, then download your professional invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
It can be hard to format and edit invoices using Word, Google Docs, and Excel invoice templates. Save yourself the hassle and make a clean, downloadable, and printable invoice in a few clicks with our landscaping invoice generator.
Start invoicing faster with Jobber
Download your free invoice PDF below. Or, create a free account with Jobber to start sending invoices to clients in minutes. No credit card or contract required.
Frequently Asked Questions
After every landscaping job, here’s what you should include in your invoice:
• A unique invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g. Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Your landscaping business’s name, logo, email, phone number, and mailing address
• Your client’s name and contact information
• The invoice issue date
• A detailed list of your landscaping services, with a description of each service
• The hourly or flat rate for each service, labor costs, materials and quantities, overhead costs, and any special discounts
• Subtotal before taxes, discounts, and service fees
• The total amount owed, including applicable taxes and discounts
• Invoice payment terms that include the payment deadline, instructions, accepted payment methods, late payment fees, and any service warranty disclaimers
• A note thanking the customer for choosing your services
Here’s a standard landscape invoice example that was created using Jobber’s invoicing software:
To format your invoices like this sample landscaping invoice, use our online invoice generator. It has every section your invoice needs—all you have to do is add your job and customer information, pricing, and business contact details.
Using a landscape invoice template can help you stay consistent and save you hours of typing, copying, and pasting. Here are some tips for writing an invoice:
• Use a simple, professional layout
• Include your company contact info and customer contact info
• List all the services you provided with clear descriptions of each
• Include prices for your landscaping services
• Make your payment terms and conditions clear
• Include your subtotal, applicable taxes, discounts, and fees before the total
To start sending out invoices right away with a simple, customizable template, use our free landscaping invoice generator.
Our landscape invoice generator is a fillable form that lets you create an invoice in minutes. You just need to add your client and business contact information, the landscaping services you provided, and your pricing. Then, you can print or download your invoice as a PDF and send it to your client easily.
The template is part of a larger free toolkit where you can store client information, convert landscape estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work.
A landscape invoice template can help you write invoices quickly and consistently without having to start from scratch every time.
When you use an invoice template, you:
• Never miss any crucial information that needs to be on your invoices
• Cut down on repetitive data entry and save time
• Look more professional than competitors who use handwritten invoices
• Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
• Get paid in full and on time
• Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
• Easily track rates, prices, hard costs, expenses, and accounts receivable
• Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
With a free landscaping invoice template, it’s easy to streamline your invoicing process and turn hours of invoicing into minutes.
Quotes and invoices are very different.
A quote describes what the finished work will look like and how much it’ll cost to complete. Your landscaping quote should show the client what they can expect, and you don’t start the job until they sign off on it. This is the first step in any project.
An invoice is the final bill you send to the client for the completed work. This is the last step of the project. The amount on your invoice might be different from the amount on the quote, depending on how much the work might have changed during the job.
It can take a long time with pen and paper. You’ll have to write down your client’s contact info, add every line item and price from memory, then include all your payment terms.
You can speed up this process by using an easy-to-fill landscape invoice template. With a downloadable invoice template, it should only take a few minutes to fill in the details that are specific to the project, then send off the invoice to the client for approval.
It’s always best to send an invoice as soon as the job is done. For more complex jobs that take several weeks, you might want to request a percentage of the total cost up front as a deposit.
Ideally, you shouldn’t wait longer than 48 hours after the job to send the invoice. Sending invoices too late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid.
Instead of waiting until the end of the month to invoice all your clients at once, you should have a ready-made invoice template that you can send invoices right after each job is done. Invoicing faster helps you improve cash flow and stay efficient.
Landscaping clients should typically pay their invoices within two weeks of the final service date. This isn’t always possible, though, so try testing payment deadlines and see what works best for your landscaping business’s cash flow.
You might want to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make your high-ticket landscaping services more affordable.
If a client doesn’t pay within 30 days, it’s time to take action on that unpaid invoice.
Document your pricing. If you start your estimating process with a documented list of your landscaping services and their costs, invoicing will be that much easier. You can avoid underpricing and overpricing jobs by pricing all your lawn mowing, edging, fertilizing, trimming, weed control, and additional services ahead of time.
Be descriptive. Tell your client what they’re paying for and the value you’ve provided. Underneath each line item, use simple language to provide details on the landscaping work you’ve done. Adding photos of your work on the invoice can help a ton!
Show your appreciation. At the bottom of your invoice, add a simple sentence or two thanking your client for choosing you. When customers feel appreciated, they’re more likely to book you again, or even refer you to family and friends.
Follow up with friendly reminders. Use Jobber’s landscape invoicing software to automate client follow-ups and get invoices paid faster.
Invoicing software helps landscape business owners like you collect payment for work using invoices that you can create, send, and track online.
Jobber’s landscape invoicing software makes it easy to create an invoice from your desktop or mobile device. With Jobber, you can convert job details into customer-friendly invoices and automatically follow up with customers on overdue payments.
Here’s what you can do with invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and company branding
• Set reminders to invoice after each visit, or create a custom reminder schedule
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Send multiple invoices at once with batch invoicing
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Keep track of which visits have and haven’t been invoiced
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule your team, route work, and track time and expenses
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
- Appliance repair invoice template
- Carpet cleaning invoice template
- Cleaning invoice template
- Commercial cleaning invoice template
- Construction invoice template
- Contractor invoice template
- Drywall invoice template
- Electrical invoice template
- Flooring invoice template
- Handyman invoice template
- HVAC invoice template
- Junk removal invoice template
- Landscape invoice template
- Lawn care invoice template
- Painting invoice template
- Pest control invoice template
- Plumbing invoice template
- Pool service invoice template
- Pressure washing invoice template
- Roofing invoice template
- Snow removal invoice template
- Tree service invoice template
- Window cleaning invoice template