Free Landscaping Receipt Generator
Download your free landscaping receipt template
Ready to save time and effort on payments? Turn hours of admin work into just a few clicks—customize our free landscaping receipt template by filling in your business name, customer information, job details, transaction date, and more. Download a professional landscaping service receipt as a printable PDF, then easily send it to the customer.
(Make this process even faster—use landscaping business software to send invoices, accept payment, and send receipts to customers automatically when your project is finished.)
About this template
- List customizable landscaping line items
- Add in customer information and job details
- Calculate the job total amount, including tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable receipt
Take a look at this professional landscaping receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A receipt is a written record of a customer’s payment for your landscaping services. It’s an important part of the billing and payment process. The receipt shows what the customer paid and when, which is useful if there’s a future dispute or other issue with the landscape service you provided. It’s a good idea for you and your customer to both keep copies of the receipt.
Our free landscaping service receipt template makes it easy to customize and send professional receipts for your completed projects. It’s the perfect tool for wrapping up any client transaction, whether you’re just starting a landscaping business or you’ve been a professional landscaper for years.
Include this information in your landscaping service receipt:
• Your landscaping company name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The date when you finished the landscaping job or completed the transaction
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Products/services provided, including item description, quantity, and cost
• Total payment amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and taxes
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Any notes about the transaction (e.g., payment instructions, deposit/partial payment)
• A brief thank-you note showing you appreciate the client’s business
Your landscaping receipt should also include the word “receipt” somewhere that’s easy to see. Receipts and invoices look similar, so the receipt needs to show that the customer paid for your gardening or landscaping work in full.
If you use a basic landscaping receipt generator like this one, your receipt includes all the details you need automatically. Check out the landscaping receipt sample below to see how your receipt should look when it’s finished:
A standard receipt template helps you create a detailed receipt for your customer after you’ve finished a landscaping job. Here’s what you can do with our easy landscaping receipt template:
• Create and send accurate receipts to customers with just a few clicks
• Save time and money making your own receipts
• Customize receipts with your landscaping business and customer details
• Make a good impression with digital receipts—no more pen and paper
• Build a reputation as a professional and credible landscaping company
• Make receipts in the office or on the go using your phone
• Prevent errors by adding up landscape service prices and taxes automatically
• Avoid possible customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• File your landscaping receipt by downloading it as a printable PDF
• Keep accurate records of customer transactions for tax season
With a blank landscaping receipt template, it takes just a few minutes to enter all the information your customer needs to see. The generator automatically calculates how much you charged for landscaping services and adds it up for you, including sales tax and tips. Then all you have to do is send the receipt to your customer to wrap up the transaction.
You can also find these receipt templates as editable PDFs, Google Docs, Microsoft Word documents, and Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets.
Making and sending receipts is even easier when you use landscaping software like Jobber. Send a landscaping invoice, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and generate a receipt for the customer automatically—no extra effort needed. You can also manage your payment details in the same place you manage your landscaping work.
You can use this free landscaping receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. Try Jobber for free if you need more currencies.
This tool is a simple landscaping receipt generator, so it doesn’t use your logo. However, you can upload your logo and apply your brand colors when you try professional invoicing software.
The best time to send a receipt to a customer is right after they send payment for your landscaping services. That way you finish the transaction as soon as possible and reduce the risk of forgetting to send the receipt. The faster you send a detailed, accurate receipt, the greater the chances your customer will see you as a professional landscape service provider.
There are a few ways to send landscaping receipts to customers. Always try to find out what’s most convenient for them:
• Save your receipt as a PDF and email it to the customer
• Print the receipt and hand it to the customer
• Print and mail the receipt to the customer’s home or business
A receipt is written proof that your customer paid their landscaping service invoice. Here’s the difference between an invoice and a receipt:
• You send an invoice (also called a bill) to your customer after you provide services. When you’re writing the invoice, include a detailed list of landscaping services and materials you provided, as well as how much everything cost. The customer then receives this document and knows how much they need to pay and when.
• You send a receipt to the customer after they pay their invoice. The receipt includes the same information as the invoice, but the document is marked as “paid.” Now you and the customer both have a record showing that you provided services, and the customer paid you for it.
Want to make a landscaping invoice instead of a receipt? Use our free landscaping invoice template.
Keep client receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. The exact length of time varies depending on where you live:
• U.S.: Hang onto receipts until three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Keep your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Store receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you lodged your tax return.
Make sure to destroy your landscaping receipts when you no longer need to keep them. This keeps your customers’ personal information safe.
Always save and file your landscaping receipts when transactions are complete. This will make it easier to file your taxes at the end of the financial year. Here are a few ways to organize your receipts:
• Get a business bank account for processing all incoming and outgoing payments. This will keep all your transaction details visible in one place.
• Save original and digital copies of your landscaping receipts at your place of business. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your country’s storage requirements.
• Figure out a filing system that works for your landscaping business. One way is to organize receipts by year, then sort them by client or property.
• Use landscaping software like Jobber to automatically convert estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep them all organized. That way you don’t have to do any extra legwork or paperwork after you get paid.
(Want to create a landscaping estimate? Try using our free landscaping estimate template.)
Looking for an industry-specific receipt?
- Cleaning receipt template
- Contractor receipt template
- Handyman receipt template
- HVAC receipt template
- Junk removal receipt template
- Landscaping receipt template
- Lawn care receipt template
- Painting receipt template
- Pest control receipt template
- Plumbing receipt template
- Pressure washing receipt template
- Roofing receipt template
- Snow removal receipt template
- Window cleaning receipt template