Free Plumbing Receipt Generator
Download your free plumbing receipt template
Streamline hours of customer payment admin down to just a few clicks. You can customize our free plumbing receipt template by filling in your plumbing business name, customer details, job information, transaction date, and more. Download a professional-looking plumbing service receipt as a printable PDF, then easily send it to customers after the job’s done.
(Want to speed up the process even more? Take back your time and use plumbing software to create invoices, accept payments, and automatically send receipts after a job.)
About this template
- List customizable plumbing service line items
- Add in customer and job details
- Calculate plumbing service total, including tax and tip
- Generate a simple downloadable plumbing receipt
Take a look at this professional plumbing receipt example that was created using Jobber’s receipt template:
Get your receipt
Your receipt is ready! Download it now and send it to your customer. Or, try our invoicing software and manage your receipts and invoices in the same place you estimate, schedule, and manage your work.Get Invoicing Software
Frequently Asked Questions
A plumbing receipt is a written record of a customer’s payment for products or services, like installing a new faucet or unclogging a drain. It shows the payment date and amount, which is useful in case there’s a future dispute or other problem with your plumbing services. Both you and your customer get a copy of the plumbing receipt for your records.
Our free plumbing service receipt template makes it easy to customize and send out professional-looking receipts for any plumbing services you’ve completed. It’s the perfect way to wrap up any customer transaction, whether you’re just starting a plumbing business or you’ve been at it for years.
Your plumbing service receipt should include this information:
• Your plumbing company name, address, and contact details
• The customer’s name and contact information
• The date the plumbing service was provided
• Receipt number that matches your estimate, job, or invoice number
• Products/services provided, including item or labor description, quantity, labor hours and cost
• Total payment amount, including subtotal, discounts, tips, and taxes
• Payment terms and conditions related to the transaction
• Additional notes about the transaction (e.g., if this amount is a partial payment)
• A brief thank-you note thanking the customer for their business
Make sure to include the word “receipt” in big letters at the top of the document. Receipts and invoices look very similar. So it’s important for this payment record to indicate that the customer has already paid in full for your plumbing services to avoid any confusion.
If you use a basic receipt generator like this one, your plumbing receipt will automatically include all the details you need. Take a look at the plumbing receipt sample below to see how a finished receipt should look:
Using a standard receipt template helps you create a detailed receipt for your customer after you’ve finished the plumbing work. You can find these receipt templates in formats such as editable PDFs, Google Docs, Microsoft Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
With our easy plumbing receipt template you can:
• Create and send accurate receipts to customers with just a few clicks
• Customize receipts to include your own plumbing business and customer details
• Prevent customer disputes by sending digital proof of payment
• Save time and money making your own receipts
• Make a good impression with digital receipts instead of handwritten documents
• Build a reputation as a credible and professional business
• Make receipts in the office or on the go from your phone
• Avoid errors by automatically adding up service prices and taxes
• File your receipt by downloading it as a printable PDF
• Keep accurate financial records for tax season
Use a blank plumbing contractor receipt template, to enter all the information your customer needs to see. The generator will automatically calculate the total amount you charged for services and add it all up for you, including taxes and tips. It takes just a few minutes to enter the job details and send the receipt to your customer—much less time than using pen and paper.
Creating and sending receipts is even easier when you use plumbing software like Jobber. Send unlimited invoices, get paid faster through Jobber Payments, and automatically generate a receipt for the customer—without adding any extra work to your day. Jobber makes it easy to manage all of your payment details in the same place you manage your work.
You can use this free plumbing receipt generator to create receipts for USD and CAD transactions. If you need more currencies, try Jobber for free.
This tool is a simple plumbing receipt generator, so it doesn’t include your logo. However, you can upload your logo and even add your brand colors using professional invoicing software.
Or you can attach your plumbing business card to your receipt so customers know exactly who to call for their next plumbing service.ator, so it doesn’t use your logo. However, you can upload your logo and apply your brand colors using professional invoicing software.
The best time to send a receipt to a customer is right after they pay for your plumbing services. This reduces the risk of forgetting to send the receipt and lets you finalize the transaction as soon as possible. The sooner you send a detailed, accurate receipt, the more likely your customer will see you as a professional plumbing business.
There are a couple of ways to send receipts to customers. You can save your plumbing receipt as a PDF and email it to the customer, print the receipt and physically give it to the customer, or print and mail it to their home address. Check with your customers to see which option is most convenient for them.
There’s a big difference between a receipt and an invoice. A receipt is written proof that your customer paid their invoice. Here’s how that process looks:
• You send an invoice (also known as a bill) to your customer after providing them with a product or service. When you’re writing the invoice, you include a detailed list of what plumbing services were completed and how much it cost. This document tells your customer how much they need to pay and by what date.
• You send a receipt to the customer after they pay their invoice. The receipt includes the same information as the invoice, but the document is marked as “paid.” That way, both you and the customer have a record showing that you provided services, and the customer paid you for that service. This completes your transaction with the customer.
If you’re looking to make a plumbing invoice instead of a receipt, you can do so by using our free plumbing invoice template or by using Jobber’s invoicing software.
In most cases, you should store plumbing receipts for 3–6 years after the tax year when the transaction took place. The exact length of time varies depending on where you live:
• U.S.: You’ll want to keep your receipts for three years from the date you filed your taxes for that year.
• Canada: Store your receipts for six years after the end of the relevant tax year.
• UK: Hold on to receipts for 5 years after the relevant tax year’s submission deadline.
• Australia: Keep all receipts for 5 years from the date you filed your tax return.
When you no longer need to keep your plumbing receipts, shred them to ensure any of your customer’s data is securely destroyed.
Always save and file your plumbing receipts once the transaction is complete. This will make filing your taxes much easier at the end of the year. Use these tips to organize your plumbing receipts better:
• Get a business bank account to process all incoming and outgoing payments. This will keep all your transaction details visible in one place.
• Save all original and digital copies of your plumbing receipts on-site at your place of business. Make sure your receipt filing system meets your specific country’s storage requirements.
• Come up with a filing system that works for you. You can choose to organize receipts by year, then sort them by customer or project.
• Use invoicing software like Jobber to automatically convert plumbing estimates into invoices, then into receipts, and keep them all organized. That way you don’t have to do any extra legwork or paperwork after getting paid.
(Want to create a plumbing estimate? Try using our free plumbing estimate template.)
Looking for an industry-specific receipt?
- Cleaning receipt template
- Contractor receipt template
- Handyman receipt template
- HVAC receipt template
- Junk removal receipt template
- Landscaping receipt template
- Lawn care receipt template
- Painting receipt template
- Pest control receipt template
- Plumbing receipt template
- Pressure washing receipt template
- Roofing receipt template
- Snow removal receipt template
- Window cleaning receipt template