18 Pressure Washing Industry Statistics to Run Your Business Better
We’re seeing 2023 pressure washing industry trends that promise more opportunities for service providers as the market size and demand continues to grow.
In this post, you’ll find the top pressure washing industry statistics you need to know to run a successful pressure washing business in 2023 and beyond.
The pressure washing services market is growing
The pressure washing services industry continues to grow at a steady pace. The demand for pressure washing services is growing at a steady pace, thanks to the growing number of construction projects worldwide and people moving to urban centers.
If you’re looking to start a pressure washing business, now’s the time. Here’s why:
- The pressure washing market in the United States is valued at $1 billion USD
- The pressure washing services industry in the U.S. has grown 5.7% per year on average between 2018 and 2023
- There are currently 22,186 pressure washing businesses in the U.S.
- The key pressure washing businesses leading the industry are Genn-USA Pressure Washing, Scotts Pressure Wash, Eco Cleaning Services, Inc., PWPS, Jacobs Pressure Cleaning, America’s Best Inc, and Imperial Cleaning
Rise in demand for pressure washing equipment
Pressure washer sales continue to grow at a fast pace. There’s an increase in demand for electric pressure washers for both residential and commercial use, as well as a rising number of car wash stations.
Here are the pressure washer stats you need to know:
- The global pressure washer market is expected to grow by $607.86 million between 2022 and 2026
- By 2025, pressure washer sales are expected to hit $2.3 billion USD
- Newly released cordless pressure washers are a primary reason for growth in the pressure washer market over the next few years
- By 2030, the market for electric pressure washers is expected to reach around $2 billion USD
Pressure washing job salary and outlook
Pressure washing is still a heavily male-dominated industry, but female pressure washing contractors are on the rise. If you’re looking to grow your power washing team this year, these are the stats you’ll need to know:
- The pressure washing industry currently employs 33,679 workers
- A pressure washer technician in the United States earns, on average, $22 per hour
- The average age of a pressure washer is 38 years old
- 93.9% of pressure washers are men, while only 6.1% of pressure washers are women
Running your power washing business
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to grow, knowing how to run your business more efficiently for you and your customers is key to your success.
Here are some pressure washing trends to watch:
- Online booking. Businesses that offer online booking options receive up to 24% more customer calls. Let new customers request work on your website, social media, or right through Google search.
- Service price increases. Average home service invoice sizes are 10% higher this year than in 2021. Raise your prices this year to meet your profit margin goals, then communicate that price increase to your customers properly.
- Packaged services. Grow your profits by packaging popular pressure washing services. You’ll increase your revenue by an average of 35% when you offer optional add-ons like soft washing, window cleaning, or deck and fence cleaning
- Digital marketing. For most home service industries, 55% of customers search for a business online before requesting a service. Use pressure washing ads to reach more customers online.
- Customer for reviews. 98% of people read online reviews for local businesses. Ask customers for a review once you’re finished their service.
- Online payment options. For home service providers, digital payments accounted for 40% of total payments collected in 2022. Offer clients convenient payment options to get paid faster and improve your customer’s experience.
READ MORE: How to price pressure washing jobs