Win Repeat Jobs: Achieving Consistent Work Quality
In this episode of Masters of Home Service, host Adam Sylvester talks about how to provide consistently high-quality work on every job with Branden Sewell (Seal Pro Painting) and Kimberly Towers (The Red Rose).
– How Branden and Kimberly give their clients the same quality of work every time (01:16)
– Examples of how to ensure consistency, starting from the employee’s first day (02:29)
– Consistency shows customers you care and helps you win repeat business (03:46)
– What your employees need in order to deliver consistent results (05:29)
– Consistency challenges to expect—and how to overcome them (06:36)
– How training, hiring, and onboarding plays a role in Kimberly’s business (08:54)
– How Branden ensures his people are prepared to get the job done consistently (09:46)
– Consistency comes from clear expectations (10:41)
– Take care of your customers (and take a well-deserved vacation) with Jobber’s help (12:43)
– How to meet your customers’ high standards every time (13:25)
– Branden’s pre-job forms for understanding customer expectations up front (15:57)
– Kimberly’s customer intake process, starting with a virtual walkthrough (18:16)
– Make sure an employee’s low mood doesn’t affect your customer’s high standards (19:16)
– Guarantee work consistency through surveys, reviews, and post-job walkthroughs (22:54)
– Get customer reviews faster with Nicejob (24:39)
– Measure quality through before-and-after pictures and minimal callbacks (25:11)
– TL;DR: Adam’s top takeaways: build systems and checklists, train and hire good people, understand and deliver on customer expectations (26:28)
About the speakers
CHARLOTTESVILLE GUTTER PROS AND CHARLOTTESVILLE LAWN CARE
Adam started Charlottesville Lawn Care in 2013 and Charlottesville Gutter Pros in the fall of 2020, in Charlottesville, VA. He likes to say, “I do gutters and grass! When it rains the grass grows and the gutters leak!” He got into owning his own business because he saw it as a huge opportunity to generate great income while living a life that suited him. He believes that large companies can make a serious impact on their communities and on every individual it touches, and he wanted to build a company that could make a big difference. His sweet spot talent is sales and marketing with a strong passion for building a place his team wants to work. Adam values his employees and loves leading people. While operations and efficiency is not something that comes naturally to him, he is constantly working to improve himself and his business in these areas.
Kimberly Towers is the owner of The Red Rose, a residential and commercial cleaning company in Minneapolis, MN. In January 2021, after 10 years of work experience in home service, and during an unprecedented pandemic, she took the exciting step into business ownership and bought the company. She is proud to operate a Black-owned business in the Twin Cities that serves the community in a meaningful way. With The Red Rose, Kimberly is able to provide stellar service and create great jobs in a high-performing and enjoyable work environment, while making sure business profits go towards making positive change in Minneapolis.
Branden Sewell is the owner of Seal Pro Painting in Titusville, Fl, which specializes in residential exterior and interior repaints. He started the company in August 2017, because he wanted to have the freedom in his schedule to focus on the things that matter most to him—spending time with family, enjoying the things he loves, and serving his community. Branden is driven by his mission to make a positive impact, and to bring respect, professionalism, and world class customer service to his and his team’s work. Branden is also passionate about helping others build companies that give them freedom by sharing his knowledge in marketing, sales, and systems and processes to run an efficient business.
Get email updates on new episodes and podcast news. You don’t want to miss out!
Interested in being a guest on the show?
Are you a home service professional eager to share your insights and experiences? Apply to be a guest on the Masters of Home Service Podcast, and join a community of experts committed to helping others level up through knowledge.