Free Commercial Cleaning Invoice Template
Create a commercial cleaning invoice fast with our free invoice generator
Use this commercial cleaning invoice template free to create and download a customized invoice for any job. Just add your company and client information to our invoice generator, then download your professional invoice as a PDF that’s easy to send to clients.
It can be hard to format and edit invoices in MS Word, Google Docs, and Excel. Save yourself the hassle and make a clean, easy invoice in a few clicks with our commercial cleaning invoice generator.
Start invoicing faster with Jobber
Download your free invoice PDF below. Or, create a free account with Jobber to start sending invoices to clients in minutes. No credit card or contract required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s what to include on an invoice:
• A unique cleaning service invoice number for record-keeping purposes (e.g., Invoice #1001, #1002, etc.)
• Your commercial cleaning company name, logo, phone number, email, and mailing address
• Client name, address, and contact details
• Line items that detail the work you provided, along with cleaning product and service descriptions (e.g., surface cleaning, carpet cleaning, window cleaning)
• The unit price associated with each line item, including labor costs, materials and quantities, hourly rates, overhead costs, and any special discounts on the job
• The invoice date when it was issued and the payment due date (make dates as clear as possible, avoiding confusing terms like “Net 30”)
• Subtotal before applicable taxes, discounts, and appropriate fees
• The total cost owed, including applicable taxes and discounts
• Payment terms that include the payment deadline, instructions, accepted payment methods, late payment fees, and any service warranty disclaimers
• A note thanking the customer for choosing your cleaning service
It should also be printable and downloadable so you can easily send it to clients.
Here’s a commercial cleaning invoice sample that was created using Jobber’s invoicing software:
If you aren’t sure how to format your invoices like the commercial cleaning invoice example above, you can use our online invoice generator—it already has every section your invoice needs! Just add your company, client, and job information and you’re ready to go.
Using an invoice template can help you stay consistent and save you hours of typing, copying, and pasting. Here’s how to write an invoice for your commercial cleaning or janitorial services:
• Use a simple, professional layout
• Include your company contact info and the customer’s name and contact details
• Describe the commercial cleaning service you provided, whether it’s on an hourly basis, per room, flat rate, or by square foot
• Include commercial cleaning prices for all your products and services provided
• Make your invoice payment terms and conditions clear
• Include your subtotal, applicable taxes, discounts, and fees before the total
If you’re just looking for a quick-start template that you can reuse as often as you like, use our free invoice generator and start sending out invoices right away.
Our commercial cleaning invoice generator helps you create customizable, professional invoices for any kind of job, in minutes. It’s a blank form that you can easily fill out with the commercial cleaning services you provided.
All you have to do is type in all the information you would normally add to a commercial or office cleaning invoice. Once you fill out the free invoice template, you can download your invoice as a PDF and send it to your client easily.
The template is part of a larger free toolkit where you can store client information, convert their commercial cleaning estimates to invoices, and get paid for your work. It’s perfect if you’re just starting a commercial cleaning business or exploring software instead of pen and paper.
An editable invoice template helps you write invoices quickly and consistently without starting from scratch every time. When you spend less time creating invoices, you can invoice your clients faster and get paid. That gives you more time to focus on growing your business.
Here’s what a commercial cleaning service invoice template can do for you:
• Help you stay organized and include all necessary information
• Make it easy to reference past clients and visits
• Reduce room for error by including mandatory form fields
• Make you look more professional than handwritten invoices
• More easily send a recurring invoice for repeat clients
• Get you paid in full and on time
• Cut down on repetitive data entry and save you time
• Help you track rates, prices, hard costs, expenses, and accounts receivable
• Protect your business with payment terms and conditions
• Make filing easier with digital copies of all invoices
You can find templates as fill-in PDFs, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheets—or using our easy invoice generator. These templates are essential to keeping your commercial cleaning business efficient by turning hours of invoicing into just minutes.
Nope, you don’t need different invoice types for different cleaning services. In fact, having several versions of service invoice templates can overcomplicate your invoicing workflow and make room for error.
Just make sure to include all the same information fields on your invoices, no matter what type of commercial cleaning services you’re invoicing for. That way you don’t overlook important details that could lead to client confusion or incorrect payments.
Bill and invoice are two terms for the same thing: a document that presents the amount of money a customer owes for commercial cleaning services.
The difference depends on whether you’re the client or the service provider. Invoice is the term that service providers use, while a client might refer to that invoice as a bill they have to pay.
In other words: a cleaning business sends a service invoice to a customer, and the client receives a bill. You can also refer to these processes as invoicing and billing.
Commercial cleaning bills and invoices should include a complete breakdown of all job costs, as well as payment information like the due date, payment methods, and subtracted deposits.
There’s a big difference between quotes and invoices.
A quote describes what the finished work will look like and how much it’ll cost to complete. This is the first step in any project. Your commercial cleaning quote should show the client what they can expect, and you don’t start the job until they sign off on it.
An invoice is the final bill you send to the client for the completed work. This is the last step of the project. The amount on your commercial cleaning invoice might be different from the amount on the quote, depending on how much the work changed during the job.
Invoices and receipts are very different. While invoices are used to bill customers, receipts are used to confirm a payment made from a customer to your commercial cleaning business.
An invoice is a request for payment. It outlines what commercial cleaning products and services a client has to pay for, the cost of each service, total amount due, payment due date, payment terms, and client information.
A receipt is proof of payment. After an office cleaning invoice or bill has been paid, clients get a cleaning receipt detailing the total amount they paid, when it was paid, and which payment method they used.
Anyone at your commercial cleaning company can make an invoice. They just need access to your invoice template or commercial cleaning invoicing software.
If you want your team to invoice clients right after a visit, it’s a good idea to train cleaners to use your commercial cleaning invoice template. That way they’ll fill out the invoices consistently with all the information they need.
That depends on how you’re doing it! If you’re using pen and paper, it could take a while to write down your contact details, add the customer’s information, write in all your line items from memory, and add prices for each line item.
You can speed up this process by using a basic commercial cleaning invoice template free—all you need to fill out is the information specific to your job and customer. Use a PDF invoice template that looks professional and includes your commercial cleaning company logo, colors, and contact information.
With the right invoice template, it should only take a few minutes to fill in the details that are specific to the project, then send the invoice to your client for approval.
When to send an invoice can vary depending on the job, but you shouldn’t wait longer than 48 hours after the job is done. Sending invoices late can lead to confusion and delay you from getting paid. Just make sure you and your client agree that the job is done—and done right!
Typically, an invoice should be paid within two weeks of the service date. You can test payment deadlines and see what works best for your commercial cleaning business’s cash flow, but it’s best to stay within 30 days.
Some business owners like to accept a deposit beforehand and get final payment the day of the service. You can choose to offer financing to your customers to get some payment up front and make high-ticket cleaning services more affordable.
Commercial cleaning invoicing software helps companies like yours collect payment for work using invoices that you can create, send, and track online.
Jobber’s commercial cleaning invoicing software makes it easy to create an invoice from your desktop or mobile device. With Jobber, you can convert job details into customer-friendly commercial cleaning invoices and automatically follow up with clients on overdue payments.
Here’s what you can do with commercial cleaning invoicing software:
• Create professional invoices that feature your logo and commercial cleaning company branding
• Automate invoice follow-ups with customized emails and texts
• Send multiple invoices at once with batch invoicing
• Set reminders to invoice after each visit, or create a custom reminder schedule
• Keep track of which commercial cleaning visits have and haven’t been invoiced
• See which invoices are paid, awaiting payment, and past due
• Communicate with clients using email and SMS
• Get paid faster with credit card processing and consumer financing options
• Schedule teams, route work, and track time and expenses
Learn more about how Jobber can help you create invoices and get paid faster.
Looking for an industry-specific invoice?
- Appliance repair invoice template
- Carpet cleaning invoice template
- Cleaning invoice template
- Commercial cleaning invoice template
- Construction invoice template
- Contractor invoice template
- Drywall invoice template
- Electrical invoice template
- Flooring invoice template
- Handyman invoice template
- HVAC invoice template
- Junk removal invoice template
- Landscape invoice template
- Lawn care invoice template
- Painting invoice template
- Pest control invoice template
- Plumbing invoice template
- Pool service invoice template
- Pressure washing invoice template
- Roofing invoice template
- Snow removal invoice template
- Tree service invoice template
- Window cleaning invoice template